[Testing mailing list] - coconuts

CM
Carli, Matteo
Sun, May 1, 2022 4:02 PM
 The film begins.  Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two
 empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy.  They approach a
 castle.  Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart.

Guard:  Halt!  Who goes there?
Arthur: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot.
King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, sovereign of all England!
Guard:  Who's the other one?
Arthur: I am, and this is my trusty servant Patsy.  We have ridden the length
and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my
court at Camelot.  I must speak with your lord and master.
Guard:  What, ridden on a horse?
Arthur: Yes.
Guard:  You're using coconuts!
Arthur: What?
Guard:  You've got two empty 'alves of coconuts and you're bangin' 'em
together!
Arthur: So?    We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land.
Through the kingdom of Mercia, through...
Guard:  Where'd you get the coconuts?
Arthur: (somewhat taken aback) We found them.
Guard:  Found them?  In Mercia?  The coconut's tropical!
Arthur: What do you mean?
Guard:  This is a temperate zone!
Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun, or the house maarten or the
plummer may seek warmer climes in winter, but these are not strangers
to our land!
Guard:  Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?
Arthur: Not at all!  They could be carried.
Guard:  (indcredulous) What, a swallow, carrying a coconut?
Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
Guard:  It's not a question of where 'e grips it!  It's a simple question of
weight ratios!  A five-ounce bird could not carry a one-pound
coconut!
Arthur: (exasperated)
Well it doesn't matter!  Will you go and tell your master that Arthur
from the court of Camelot is here!
(pause)
Guard:  Listen.  In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to
beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
Arthur: Please!
Guard:  (patiently)  Am I right.
Arthur: I'm not interested!
( A second guard appears on the rampart. )
G2:    It could be carried by an African swallow!
G1:    Oh, yeah, an African swallow, maybe, but not a European swallow, that's
my point.
G2:    Oh, yeah, I agree with that.
Arthur: (extremely exasperated) Will you ask your master if he wants to join
my court at Camelot!!
(pause)
G1:    But then of course, African swallows are non-migratory.
G2:    Oh yeah...
(Arthur and Patsy give up and trot away)
G1:    So they couldn't bring a coconut back anyway.
G2:    Wait a minute!  Supposing two swallows carried it together!
G1:    Nooo..... They'd have to have it on a line...
G2:    Well, simple!  They'd just use a strand of creeper!
G1:    What, held under the dorsal guiding feathers?
G2:    Well, why not?

Matteo Carli
Lead Engineer - Life Cycle Productivity & Mechanical Component
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions
Baker Hughes

T +39 (0)55 423 2119 |  M +39 339 562 7528

[...]
CW
Christopher Wright
Sun, May 1, 2022 6:39 PM

On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com wrote:

The film begins.  Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two
empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy.  They approach a
castle.  Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart.

…man probably spends too much time on FaceBook…

Christopher Wright P.E. (ret'd) |"They couldn't hit an elephant at
chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania (1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/

On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo <matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com> wrote: > > The film begins. Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two > empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy. They approach a > castle. Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart. …man probably spends too much time on FaceBook… Christopher Wright P.E. (ret'd) |"They couldn't hit an elephant at chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen. | John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania (1864) http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/
CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Mon, May 2, 2022 1:11 PM

On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com wrote:

The film begins.  Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two
empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy.  They approach a
castle.  Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart.

…man probably spends too much time on FaceBook…

'Tis but a scratch!

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
www.baesystems.com

On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo <matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com> wrote: >> >> The film begins. Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two >> empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy. They approach a >> castle. Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart. >…man probably spends too much time on FaceBook… 'Tis but a scratch! Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com
EH
Ernst Hustedt
Mon, May 2, 2022 7:54 PM

What irritates me is that I'm obviously missing out on things
I have only received this reply and the 'original coconut' but nothing
in-between ?!?

Ernst Hustedt
Chch, NZ

On 03-May-22 1:11, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys wrote:

On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com wrote:

The film begins.  Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two
empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy.  They approach a
castle.  Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart.

…man probably spends too much time on FaceBook…

'Tis but a scratch!

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
www.baesystems.com

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

--

What irritates me is that I'm obviously missing out on things I have only received this reply and the 'original coconut' but nothing in-between ?!? Ernst Hustedt Chch, NZ On 03-May-22 1:11, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys wrote: > On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo <matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com> wrote: >>> The film begins. Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two >>> empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy. They approach a >>> castle. Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart. >> …man probably spends too much time on FaceBook… > 'Tis but a scratch! > > > Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. > Sr. Principal R&D Engineer > BAE Systems, Inc. > 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 > www.baesystems.com > > > > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list -- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus
CA

Ernst,

Chris Wright sent the ">> ...man probably ..." line on Sunday 2:41pm (?Eastern US?)  So you didn't miss much.

I've noticed a few missing emails too - I sometimes only see the answers to questions that didn't make it to my inbox.

  • Aaron

This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network.
Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros.  For further information on how to spot phishing, access OSI IT Policies and report phishing by forwarding mail to phishing@baesystems.com.

[...]

Ernst, Chris Wright sent the ">> ...man probably ..." line on Sunday 2:41pm (?Eastern US?) So you didn't miss much. I've noticed a few missing emails too - I sometimes only see the answers to questions that didn't make it to my inbox. - Aaron -----Original Message----- From: Ernst Hustedt <ernst.hustedt@ames.co.nz> Sent: Monday, May 2, 2022 3:55 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [Xansys] Re: [Testing mailing list] - coconuts External Email Alert This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network. Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros. For further information on how to spot phishing, access OSI IT Policies and report phishing by forwarding mail to phishing@baesystems.com. What irritates me is that I'm obviously missing out on things I have only received this reply and the 'original coconut' but nothing in-between ?!? Ernst Hustedt Chch, NZ On 03-May-22 1:11, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys wrote: > On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo <matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com> wrote: >>> The film begins. Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two >>> empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy. They approach a >>> castle. Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart. >> …man probably spends too much time on FaceBook… > 'Tis but a scratch! > > > Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. > Sr. Principal R&D Engineer > BAE Systems, Inc. > 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com > > > > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list -- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
MA
Mohammad A Gharaibeh
Mon, May 2, 2022 8:58 PM

On Monday, May 2, 2022, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys <
xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> wrote:

Ernst,

Chris Wright sent the ">> ...man probably ..." line on Sunday 2:41pm
(?Eastern US?)  So you didn't miss much.

I've noticed a few missing emails too - I sometimes only see the answers
to questions that didn't make it

Sometimes I see them in the junk mail folder! Some not all. I miss some
others as well.

--

---====
Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D.

---====

On Monday, May 2, 2022, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys < xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> wrote: > Ernst, > > Chris Wright sent the ">> ...man probably ..." line on Sunday 2:41pm > (?Eastern US?) So you didn't miss much. > > I've noticed a few missing emails too - I sometimes only see the answers > to questions that didn't make it Sometimes I see them in the junk mail folder! Some not all. I miss some others as well. -- ===================================== Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering The Hashemite University P.O. Box 330127 Zarqa, 13133, Jordan Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 =====================================
EH
Ernst Hustedt
Mon, May 2, 2022 9:08 PM

Thanks Aaron,

It's just weird.  I didn't  get my own reply to the list back either -
or is 'no echo'  the new way?
 I'll have to check with our telecom people.

Ernst

On 03-May-22 8:43, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys wrote:

[...]

Thanks Aaron, It's just weird.  I didn't  get my own reply to the list back either - or is 'no echo'  the new way?  I'll have to check with our telecom people. Ernst On 03-May-22 8:43, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys wrote: > Ernst, > > Chris Wright sent the ">> ...man probably ..." line on Sunday 2:41pm (?Eastern US?) So you didn't miss much. > > I've noticed a few missing emails too - I sometimes only see the answers to questions that didn't make it to my inbox. > > - Aaron > > -----Original Message----- > From: Ernst Hustedt <ernst.hustedt@ames.co.nz> > Sent: Monday, May 2, 2022 3:55 PM > To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > Subject: [Xansys] Re: [Testing mailing list] - coconuts > > External Email Alert > > This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network. > Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros. For further information on how to spot phishing, access OSI IT Policies and report phishing by forwarding mail to phishing@baesystems.com. > > > > What irritates me is that I'm obviously missing out on things I have only received this reply and the 'original coconut' but nothing in-between ?!? > > Ernst Hustedt > Chch, NZ > > On 03-May-22 1:11, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys wrote: >> On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo <matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com> wrote: >>>> The film begins. Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two >>>> empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy. They approach a >>>> castle. Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart. >>> …man probably spends too much time on FaceBook… >> 'Tis but a scratch! >> >> >> Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. >> Sr. Principal R&D Engineer >> BAE Systems, Inc. >> 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com >> >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org >> To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org >> If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. >> >> Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list > > -- > This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. > https://www.avast.com/antivirus > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
JM
Joe Metrisin
Tue, May 3, 2022 10:26 AM

I've had trouble where I've posted replies to people, and they never seem to go through.  Other times they do.

Time to deploy the Holy hand grenade of Antioch.

Joseph T Metrisin
Structures Lead

Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc
1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA
+1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile
Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com

Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com

Confidentiality Note:
The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivirus&d=DwIGaQ&c=zeCCs5WLaN-HWPHrpXwbFoOqeS0G3NH2_2IQ_bzV13g&r=IOkMURQRtftopTCLYWjABvdzlGedqVvAMvUyU2Gzs2I&m=B-Grn4GE7N8Tl1YTGOnAhVlnVMjMX_jdhXouRMdriYfF64quAQ612C3CznjmjYG4&s=o5FNCAq2Ri-EGKl74218K2SK6aemNUU3wt86vsH1GEM&e=

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

I've had trouble where I've posted replies to people, and they never seem to go through. Other times they do. Time to deploy the Holy hand grenade of Antioch. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Ernst Hustedt <ernst.hustedt@ames.co.nz> Sent: Monday, May 2, 2022 3:55 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] Re: [Testing mailing list] - coconuts CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. What irritates me is that I'm obviously missing out on things I have only received this reply and the 'original coconut' but nothing in-between ?!? Ernst Hustedt Chch, NZ On 03-May-22 1:11, Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys wrote: > On May 1, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Carli, Matteo <matteo.carli@bakerhughes.com> wrote: >>> The film begins. Out of a dense fog trots Arthur, accompanied on two >>> empty coconut halves by his trusty servant, Patsy. They approach a >>> castle. Suddenly a guard appears atop a high rampart. >> …man probably spends too much time on FaceBook… > 'Tis but a scratch! > > > Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. > Sr. Principal R&D Engineer > BAE Systems, Inc. > 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com > > > > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list -- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivirus&d=DwIGaQ&c=zeCCs5WLaN-HWPHrpXwbFoOqeS0G3NH2_2IQ_bzV13g&r=IOkMURQRtftopTCLYWjABvdzlGedqVvAMvUyU2Gzs2I&m=B-Grn4GE7N8Tl1YTGOnAhVlnVMjMX_jdhXouRMdriYfF64quAQ612C3CznjmjYG4&s=o5FNCAq2Ri-EGKl74218K2SK6aemNUU3wt86vsH1GEM&e= _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
CW
Christopher Wright
Tue, May 3, 2022 6:59 PM

On May 3, 2022, at 5:26 AM, Joe Metrisin Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com wrote:

Time to deploy the Holy hand grenade of Antioch.

Be sure you practice counting. Three thou shall count to, and the number of the counting shall be three.

On May 3, 2022, at 5:26 AM, Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> wrote: > > Time to deploy the Holy hand grenade of Antioch. Be sure you practice counting. Three thou shall count to, and the number of the counting shall be three. Christopher Wright P.E. (ret'd) |"They couldn't hit an elephant at chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen. | John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania (1864) http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/