network problem

jgarroni@shaw.ca
Thu, Apr 11, 2024 12:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I am running 2020R1 on Windows-10.  I hadn't run on my laptop using the
borrow utility for about 6 months, but when I tried the other day it
wouldn't work.  Even when I just tried starting ANSYS on the laptop, I got
the message "Could not connect to any license servers".  The laptop and
desktop can see each other on the network.  The only thing I can think of
that has changed is that I have installed McAffee Total Protection on both
machines.  I think this has something to do with it but I haven't been able
to find any settings that help.  Any ideas?

James Garroni

Engineering Simulations Inc.

Winnipeg, Canada

Hi everyone, I am running 2020R1 on Windows-10. I hadn't run on my laptop using the borrow utility for about 6 months, but when I tried the other day it wouldn't work. Even when I just tried starting ANSYS on the laptop, I got the message "Could not connect to any license servers". The laptop and desktop can see each other on the network. The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I have installed McAffee Total Protection on both machines. I think this has something to do with it but I haven't been able to find any settings that help. Any ideas? James Garroni Engineering Simulations Inc. Winnipeg, Canada
MR
Matthew Ridzon
Thu, Apr 11, 2024 12:42 PM

Try turning off that McAfee on both machines.  There's a good chance that is messing it up.

I have some other ideas to share to test connectivity between the two.  However, start with that and see what happens.

-Matt