Creation of Sinusoidal Geometry in ANSYS APDL

FA
Factoo, Anjum
Wed, Sep 13, 2023 5:34 PM

If modelling in APDL is not necessary, you should try out Spaceclaim , there is a equation feature, thru which U can create smooth sine curve. See attached Screenshot

See the below link to turn on this option

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/no-option-for-equation-in-sketcher-of-spaceclaim/

-----Original Message-----
From: arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in
Sent: 13 September 2023 22:23
To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org
Subject: [Xansys] Re: Creation of Sinusoidal Geometry in ANSYS APDL

This mail has been sent from an external source. Do not reply to it, or open any links/attachments unless you are sure of the sender's identity.

Thank you, for your responses. I’ll look into the spline feature for generation of the sine wave. In the mean, should any new strategy emerge, I would appreciate being informed about that.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

If modelling in APDL is not necessary, you should try out Spaceclaim , there is a equation feature, thru which U can create smooth sine curve. See attached Screenshot See the below link to turn on this option https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/no-option-for-equation-in-sketcher-of-spaceclaim/ -----Original Message----- From: arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in <arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in> Sent: 13 September 2023 22:23 To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [Xansys] Re: Creation of Sinusoidal Geometry in ANSYS APDL ******This mail has been sent from an external source. Do not reply to it, or open any links/attachments unless you are sure of the sender's identity.****** Thank you, for your responses. I’ll look into the spline feature for generation of the sine wave. In the mean, should any new strategy emerge, I would appreciate being informed about that. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.
A2
arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in
Thu, Sep 14, 2023 6:32 AM

Thank you for the advice. But due to some constraints in the project I cannot shift to Spaceclaim. I was hoping to find some equation like feature in ANSYS APDL itself or a method for creating high resolution sine wave by using only a limited number of key points such that there is no kink in the geometry.

Thank you for the advice. But due to some constraints in the project I cannot shift to Spaceclaim. I was hoping to find some equation like feature in ANSYS APDL itself or a method for creating high resolution sine wave by using only a limited number of key points such that there is no kink in the geometry.
A2
arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in
Mon, Sep 18, 2023 11:54 AM

Sorry to bother you guys again. As suggested by Anjum I was exploring spline option in conjunction with arcs  for creation of sin wave. But I was not able to find any documentation which explicitly classified the spline feature in ANSYS APDL as C1 or C2. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or information on this matter.

Sorry to bother you guys again. As suggested by Anjum I was exploring spline option in conjunction with arcs for creation of sin wave. But I was not able to find any documentation which explicitly classified the spline feature in ANSYS APDL as C1 or C2. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or information on this matter.
BD
Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US)
Tue, Sep 19, 2023 12:28 PM

Macro from a buddy of mine....

!/nopr
!
!
/nopr
!
!  lregen.mac  a macro to recreate the selected lines.
!              82 points are created to describe
!              the new line.
!
! useage: lregen,# of keypoints used for new spline
! (controls the polynomial order of the line -
! higher the order more accuracy for complex
! curves, but more computational time for area
! generation etc.)
!
! BY: John Crawford    Updated: 2/96
!
! Development needed:  GET original line end slopes and use at
! spline ends.
!
!  lnum = number of originally selected lines
!  lmax = max line ID number in the original set
!  kmax = max kp ID number in the original set
!
!  make sure we're in prep7
!/prep7
!  create the new line
!
cm,QWERTY,kp
*if,arg1,gt,2,then
ksel,r,,,arg1,arg2
*endif
*get,nkps,kp,,count
*if,nkps,gt,80,then
nkps=80
*endif
! figure out how many of the selected kpoints can be used (by position)
kpt=kpnext(0)
klast=kpt
count=1
*do,k,1,nkps-1
!/gopr
*if,kx(kpnext(kpt)),gt,kx(klast),then
count=count+1
klast=kpnext(kpt)
*endif
kpt=kpnext(kpt)
*enddo
!
flst,3,count,3
kpt=kpnext(0)
klast=kpt
fitem,3,kpt  ! first keypoint
*do,kk,1,nkps-1
!/gopr
*if,kx(kpnext(kpt)),gt,kx(klast),then
fitem,3,kpnext(kpt)
klast=kpnext(kpt)
*endif
kpt=kpnext(kpt)
*enddo
!
!  set the starting number for creating lines
!numstr,line,lineid
bsplin,,p51x
!
!*msg,info,lineid,j,lnum
!Just recreated spline %i , number %i of %i total splines
!
!  finished creating this spline, go back to the top or quit
!*enddo
!
!  delete unneeded keypoints
!kdel,kpmax+1,kpmax+arg1
!
!  select the originally selected keypoints
!cmse,s,_zdummy
!
!  delete the dummy set of keypoints
!cmde,_zdummy