[WB] microscopic font on 4K monitor

CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Tue, Feb 22, 2022 5:16 PM

I just got a couple of 32" 4K monitors (Hooray!) and the WB project page is showing up in microscopic font.  Mechanical and other non-Ansys applications seem to scale OK, it's just WB that is funky.

I'm running Win 10, and the monitors are scaled to 150% in the display settings.  That increased some of the fonts in WB, but not all of them.  Anyone know how to fix?

[cid:image003.png@01D827E5.F544F200]

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.

Sr. Principal R&D Engineer

BAE Systems, Inc.

4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100

www.baesystems.com

I just got a couple of 32" 4K monitors (Hooray!) and the WB project page is showing up in microscopic font. Mechanical and other non-Ansys applications seem to scale OK, it's just WB that is funky. I'm running Win 10, and the monitors are scaled to 150% in the display settings. That increased some of the fonts in WB, but not all of them. Anyone know how to fix? [cid:image003.png@01D827E5.F544F200] Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com
AS
ajay srikanth
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 11:33 AM

Download monitor drivers in your system.

On Wed, 23 Feb, 2022, 5:06 am Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys, <
xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> wrote:

I just got a couple of 32" 4K monitors (Hooray!) and the WB project page
is showing up in microscopic font.  Mechanical and other non-Ansys
applications seem to scale OK, it's just WB that is funky.

I'm running Win 10, and the monitors are scaled to 150% in the display
settings.  That increased some of the fonts in WB, but not all of them.
Anyone know how to fix?

[cid:image003.png@01D827E5.F544F200]

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.

Sr. Principal R&D Engineer

BAE Systems, Inc.

4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100

www.baesystems.com

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing
account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to
xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Download monitor drivers in your system. On Wed, 23 Feb, 2022, 5:06 am Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys, < xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> wrote: > I just got a couple of 32" 4K monitors (Hooray!) and the WB project page > is showing up in microscopic font. Mechanical and other non-Ansys > applications seem to scale OK, it's just WB that is funky. > > > > I'm running Win 10, and the monitors are scaled to 150% in the display > settings. That increased some of the fonts in WB, but not all of them. > Anyone know how to fix? > > > > [cid:image003.png@01D827E5.F544F200] > > > > > > > > Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. > > Sr. Principal R&D Engineer > > BAE Systems, Inc. > > 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 > > www.baesystems.com > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing > account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to > xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
MP
Matthew Pausley
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 2:54 PM

Aaron,
Here's what worked for us:
Navigate to where to where your Workbench shortcut lives (e.g C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ANSYS 2021 R1). Right click and select Properties. Click on Compatibility, and then "Change high DPI settings".  Select "Override high dpi scaling behavior" and change to "System (Enhanced)" . YMMV

-Matt

Regards,
Matthew Pausley
Principal Device Development Engineer
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

I just got a couple of 32" 4K monitors (Hooray!) and the WB project page is showing up in microscopic font.  Mechanical and other non-Ansys applications seem to scale OK, it's just WB that is funky.

I'm running Win 10, and the monitors are scaled to 150% in the display settings.  That increased some of the fonts in WB, but not all of them.  Anyone know how to fix?

[cid:image003.png@01D827E5.F544F200]

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.

Sr. Principal R&D Engineer

BAE Systems, Inc.

4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100

https://urldefense.com/v3/http://www.baesystems.com;!!ODpDvJZr5w!WUHwzoTtoaHrVmZL-qQ7fz1reFmiDPlnxRY_eclwgJp6VhJjbdLkRMA5JWasp7NM5IwUFzM$

This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any third party.

Aaron, Here's what worked for us: Navigate to where to where your Workbench shortcut lives (e.g C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ANSYS 2021 R1). Right click and select Properties. Click on Compatibility, and then "Change high DPI settings". Select "Override high dpi scaling behavior" and change to "System (Enhanced)" . YMMV -Matt Regards, Matthew Pausley Principal Device Development Engineer Regeneron Pharmaceuticals -----Original Message----- From: Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 12:16 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron (US) <Aaron.Caba@baesystems.com> Subject: <External> [Xansys] [WB] microscopic font on 4K monitor EXTERNAL MESSAGE _________________________________________________________________ I just got a couple of 32" 4K monitors (Hooray!) and the WB project page is showing up in microscopic font. Mechanical and other non-Ansys applications seem to scale OK, it's just WB that is funky. I'm running Win 10, and the monitors are scaled to 150% in the display settings. That increased some of the fonts in WB, but not all of them. Anyone know how to fix? [cid:image003.png@01D827E5.F544F200] Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.baesystems.com__;!!ODpDvJZr5w!WUHwzoTtoaHrVmZL-qQ7fz1reFmiDPlnxRY_eclwgJp6VhJjbdLkRMA5JWasp7NM5IwUFzM$ ******************************************************************** This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any third party. ********************************************************************
CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Wed, Feb 23, 2022 3:32 PM

Here's what worked for us:
Navigate to where to where your Workbench shortcut lives (e.g C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ANSYS 2021 R1).
Right click and select Properties. Click on Compatibility, and then "Change high DPI settings".
Select "Override high dpi scaling behavior" and change to "System (Enhanced)" . YMMV

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
www.baesystems.com

I just got a couple of 32" 4K monitors (Hooray!) and the WB project page is showing up in microscopic font.  Mechanical and other non-Ansys applications seem to scale OK, it's just WB that is funky.

I'm running Win 10, and the monitors are scaled to 150% in the display settings.  That increased some of the fonts in WB, but not all of them.  Anyone know how to fix?

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100

> Here's what worked for us: > Navigate to where to where your Workbench shortcut lives (e.g C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ANSYS 2021 R1). > Right click and select Properties. Click on Compatibility, and then "Change high DPI settings". > Select "Override high dpi scaling behavior" and change to "System (Enhanced)" . YMMV Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com -----Original Message----- From: Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 12:16 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron (US) <Aaron.Caba@baesystems.com> Subject: <External> [Xansys] [WB] microscopic font on 4K monitor I just got a couple of 32" 4K monitors (Hooray!) and the WB project page is showing up in microscopic font. Mechanical and other non-Ansys applications seem to scale OK, it's just WB that is funky. I'm running Win 10, and the monitors are scaled to 150% in the display settings. That increased some of the fonts in WB, but not all of them. Anyone know how to fix? Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Thu, Feb 24, 2022 3:47 PM

Here's what worked for us:
Navigate to where to where your Workbench shortcut lives (e.g C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ANSYS 2021 R1).
Right click and select Properties. Click on Compatibility, and then "Change high DPI settings".
Select "Override high dpi scaling behavior" and change to "System
(Enhanced)" . YMMV

Matt - thanks that worked.