2D Transient Thermal analysis in ANSYS Mechanical APDL: how to get the maximum temperature in an area, for all the substeps.

HM
Hugo Miguel Andrade Lopes Figueiredo Silva
Tue, Jun 22, 2021 5:10 PM

Hi,

I did a 2D Transient Thermal analysis in ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2020 R2. I would like to list or export to an external text file the maximum temperature obtained in an area of my choice (selecting all nodes from that part), for all the substeps. How can I do that?

I thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Hugo Silva, Ph.D.,
Post-Doctoral Researcher,
University of Minho, Portugal

Hi, I did a 2D Transient Thermal analysis in ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2020 R2. I would like to list or export to an external text file the maximum temperature obtained in an area of my choice (selecting all nodes from that part), for all the substeps. How can I do that? I thank you in advance, Best regards, Hugo Silva, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Minho, Portugal
JM
Joe Metrisin
Tue, Jun 22, 2021 5:47 PM

This is a good opportunity to learn APDL.  This likely needs some debugging but put this in a file and run as a macro...

*get, ntp_, active, 0, set, nset  ! Get number of result sets on .RST file.
*dim, maxtemp_, array,  ntp_,  2
*do, tp_, 1, ntp_
Set,,, ,,, , tp_
*get, maxtemp_, active,, set, time  ! Get time from this result
Nsort, temp
*get, maxtemp_, sort, 0, max  ! Get max temp
*enddo
!
*cfopen,maxtemp,txt
*vwrite,
('Time        Max Temp')
*vwrite, maxtemp_(1,1), maxtemp_(1,2)
(2f12.2)
*cfclose

Joseph T Metrisin
Structures Lead

Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc
1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA
+1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile
Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com

Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com

Confidentiality Note:
The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above.

I did a 2D Transient Thermal analysis in ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2020 R2. I would like to list or export to an external text file the maximum temperature obtained in an area of my choice (selecting all nodes from that part), for all the substeps. How can I do that?

I thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Hugo Silva, Ph.D.,
Post-Doctoral Researcher,
University of Minho, Portugal

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

This is a good opportunity to learn APDL. This likely needs some debugging but put this in a file and run as a macro... *get, ntp_, active, 0, set, nset ! Get number of result sets on .RST file. *dim, maxtemp_, array, ntp_, 2 *do, tp_, 1, ntp_ Set,,, ,,, , tp_ *get, maxtemp_, active,, set, time ! Get time from this result Nsort, temp *get, maxtemp_, sort, 0, max ! Get max temp *enddo ! *cfopen,maxtemp,txt *vwrite, ('Time Max Temp') *vwrite, maxtemp_(1,1), maxtemp_(1,2) (2f12.2) *cfclose Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Hugo Miguel Andrade Lopes Figueiredo Silva <b7802@dep.uminho.pt> Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 1:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] 2D Transient Thermal analysis in ANSYS Mechanical APDL: how to get the maximum temperature in an area, for all the substeps. CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Hi, I did a 2D Transient Thermal analysis in ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2020 R2. I would like to list or export to an external text file the maximum temperature obtained in an area of my choice (selecting all nodes from that part), for all the substeps. How can I do that? I thank you in advance, Best regards, Hugo Silva, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Minho, Portugal _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
HZ
Han Zhang
Tue, Jun 22, 2021 6:57 PM

You may use nsort.

!! select the nodes of that area
*dim,temp_max,array,n_steps
*do,i,1,n_steps,1
set,i,last
!! nsel... (or cmsel...)
NSORT, temp,,0,0,
*get,temp_max(i),sort,0,max
*enddo
/output,max_temp,txt
*vwrite,temp_max(1)
(F16.10)
/output

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 1:34 PM Hugo Miguel Andrade Lopes Figueiredo Silva <
b7802@dep.uminho.pt> wrote:

Hi,

I did a 2D Transient Thermal analysis in ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2020 R2. I
would like to list or export to an external text file the maximum
temperature obtained in an area of my choice (selecting all nodes from that
part), for all the substeps. How can I do that?

I thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Hugo Silva, Ph.D.,
Post-Doctoral Researcher,
University of Minho, Portugal

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing
account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to
xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

You may use nsort. !! select the nodes of that area *dim,temp_max,array,n_steps *do,i,1,n_steps,1 set,i,last !! nsel... (or cmsel...) NSORT, temp,,0,0, *get,temp_max(i),sort,0,max *enddo /output,max_temp,txt *vwrite,temp_max(1) (F16.10) /output On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 1:34 PM Hugo Miguel Andrade Lopes Figueiredo Silva < b7802@dep.uminho.pt> wrote: > Hi, > > > I did a 2D Transient Thermal analysis in ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2020 R2. I > would like to list or export to an external text file the maximum > temperature obtained in an area of my choice (selecting all nodes from that > part), for all the substeps. How can I do that? > > > I thank you in advance, > > > Best regards, > Hugo Silva, Ph.D., > Post-Doctoral Researcher, > University of Minho, Portugal > > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing > account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to > xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list >
SH
syed.haqqi@graduate.curtin.edu.au
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 5:16 AM

Hello Hugo,

If not of a confidential nature, is it possible for you to share your Ansys (.wbpz) case directories, I would like to do what Joe has suggested for the purpose of learning and decoding this script to see how it works.

Regards