how to setup ANSYS batch to permanently run with 2 cores

HS
hugo.silva@citin.pt
Wed, Feb 22, 2023 10:12 AM

Hi,

I am using ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2023 R1 to run a batch job. The problem is that, everytime I try to run that batch job, I get this error message:

“The number of distributed memory parallel processes on the -np command line argument exceeds the number of CPU cores on this system. The program is automatically reducing the number of processes to 2.”

How can I permanently change ANSYS to run with only 2 cores (my laptop does not have more, anyway).

Best regards,

Hugo Silva, Ph.D.

Research and Development Engineer,

CiTin, Portugal

Hi, I am using ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2023 R1 to run a batch job. The problem is that, everytime I try to run that batch job, I get this error message: “The number of distributed memory parallel processes on the -np command line argument exceeds the number of CPU cores on this system. The program is automatically reducing the number of processes to 2.” How can I permanently change ANSYS to run with only 2 cores (my laptop does not have more, anyway). Best regards, Hugo Silva, Ph.D. Research and Development Engineer, CiTin, Portugal
FA
Factoo, Anjum
Wed, Feb 22, 2023 10:50 AM

Hi Hugo

"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v171\ansys\bin\winx64\MAPDL.exe"  -p ansys -np 2 -j JOBNAME -s read -b -i INPUT_FILE_NAME.inp -o OUTPUT_FILE_NAME.out

U can copy this above script on notepad and save it as  "run.bat"

Check the Ansys exe PATH, it generally is placed in the location mention in the script. But you can update it according to your machine.

Double click the run.bat file to run your simulation.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks
Anjum

This mail has been sent by an external source

Hi,

I am using ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2023 R1 to run a batch job. The problem is that, everytime I try to run that batch job, I get this error message:

“The number of distributed memory parallel processes on the -np command line argument exceeds the number of CPU cores on this system. The program is automatically reducing the number of processes to 2.”

How can I permanently change ANSYS to run with only 2 cores (my laptop does not have more, anyway).

Best regards,

Hugo Silva, Ph.D.

Research and Development Engineer,

CiTin, Portugal

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Hi Hugo "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v171\ansys\bin\winx64\MAPDL.exe" -p ansys -np 2 -j JOBNAME -s read -b -i INPUT_FILE_NAME.inp -o OUTPUT_FILE_NAME.out U can copy this above script on notepad and save it as "run.bat" Check the Ansys exe PATH, it generally is placed in the location mention in the script. But you can update it according to your machine. Double click the run.bat file to run your simulation. I hope this is what you were looking for. Thanks Anjum -----Original Message----- From: hugo.silva@citin.pt <hugo.silva@citin.pt> Sent: 22 February 2023 15:43 To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [Xansys] how to setup ANSYS batch to permanently run with 2 cores ***This mail has been sent by an external source*** Hi, I am using ANSYS Mechanical APDL 2023 R1 to run a batch job. The problem is that, everytime I try to run that batch job, I get this error message: “The number of distributed memory parallel processes on the -np command line argument exceeds the number of CPU cores on this system. The program is automatically reducing the number of processes to 2.” How can I permanently change ANSYS to run with only 2 cores (my laptop does not have more, anyway). Best regards, Hugo Silva, Ph.D. Research and Development Engineer, CiTin, Portugal _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.