[WB][Mechanical] Convert a Static Structural system to a Mechanical Model system

CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Fri, Oct 21, 2022 7:08 PM

I started a WB project with a single Static Structural system ‘C’.  As the analysis has progressed I began using just the Model cell (C4) in downstream systems and have stopped using the solution parts in system C.

Is there a way to trim away the unused cells C5-C7?  Or change the Static Structural system into a Mechanical Model system?  This is more of a house cleaning thing to remove unused things from the analysis for posterity, rather than an actual ‘need’ for the analysis.  I could always just re-create the mesh commands in a brand new Mechanical Model system and get my desired result, but it’s Friday.

I tried right clicking on the static structural system, but the Convert To only offers other full analysis systems – modal, transient, etc.

Here’s a screenshot of the project page.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D8E55E.FBFDF240]

Aaron

I started a WB project with a single Static Structural system ‘C’. As the analysis has progressed I began using just the Model cell (C4) in downstream systems and have stopped using the solution parts in system C. Is there a way to trim away the unused cells C5-C7? Or change the Static Structural system into a Mechanical Model system? This is more of a house cleaning thing to remove unused things from the analysis for posterity, rather than an actual ‘need’ for the analysis. I could always just re-create the mesh commands in a brand new Mechanical Model system and get my desired result, but it’s Friday. I tried right clicking on the static structural system, but the Convert To only offers other full analysis systems – modal, transient, etc. Here’s a screenshot of the project page. [cid:image002.jpg@01D8E55E.FBFDF240] Aaron
MP
Matthew Pausley
Fri, Oct 21, 2022 7:15 PM

Aaron,
What version of WB? In WB 2022R1 (and some earlier versions) I can click on the "Static Structural" bar in blue and select "Export  system(s)". this saves the block as a new *.wbpz. YMMV

-Matt

Regards,
Matthew Pausley
Principal Device Development Engineer
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

I started a WB project with a single Static Structural system ‘C’.  As the analysis has progressed I began using just the Model cell (C4) in downstream systems and have stopped using the solution parts in system C.

Is there a way to trim away the unused cells C5-C7?  Or change the Static Structural system into a Mechanical Model system?  This is more of a house cleaning thing to remove unused things from the analysis for posterity, rather than an actual ‘need’ for the analysis.  I could always just re-create the mesh commands in a brand new Mechanical Model system and get my desired result, but it’s Friday.

I tried right clicking on the static structural system, but the Convert To only offers other full analysis systems – modal, transient, etc.

Here’s a screenshot of the project page.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D8E55E.FBFDF240]

Aaron

This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any third party.

Aaron, What version of WB? In WB 2022R1 (and some earlier versions) I can click on the "Static Structural" bar in blue and select "Export system(s)". this saves the block as a new *.wbpz. YMMV -Matt Regards, Matthew Pausley Principal Device Development Engineer Regeneron Pharmaceuticals -----Original Message----- From: Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Friday, October 21, 2022 3:09 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron (US) <Aaron.Caba@baesystems.com> Subject: [External] [Xansys] [WB][Mechanical] Convert a Static Structural system to a Mechanical Model system EXTERNAL MESSAGE _________________________________________________________________ EXTERNAL MESSAGE I started a WB project with a single Static Structural system ‘C’. As the analysis has progressed I began using just the Model cell (C4) in downstream systems and have stopped using the solution parts in system C. Is there a way to trim away the unused cells C5-C7? Or change the Static Structural system into a Mechanical Model system? This is more of a house cleaning thing to remove unused things from the analysis for posterity, rather than an actual ‘need’ for the analysis. I could always just re-create the mesh commands in a brand new Mechanical Model system and get my desired result, but it’s Friday. I tried right clicking on the static structural system, but the Convert To only offers other full analysis systems – modal, transient, etc. Here’s a screenshot of the project page. [cid:image002.jpg@01D8E55E.FBFDF240] Aaron ******************************************************************** This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any third party. ********************************************************************