APDL Scripting in Workbench - Problem 1

SH
syed.haqqi@graduate.curtin.edu.au
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 6:45 AM

Hi,
I am trying to learn APDL scripting an Ansys Workbench. I am following the tutorial at https://sites.ualberta.ca/~wmoussa/AnsysTutorial/C...

I have written scripts as shown in the images below. I cannot understand how to make a Keypoint in DesignModeler (DM). I have made two points and a line body from the two points. Then I allocated a rectangular shape from "Create" tab in. There are different types of errors and warnings. Can anyone please help me as in the Solution Information, solver deletes the Modulus of Elasticity and gives me pivot points errors. Since nothing was working, I have also fixed points. How can I mark a point as Keyword in Workbench. I am using Ansys 2021.
Also, I need a vey good explanation of Real constants and what role do they play.
I shall be grateful for all the help. I have attached WB file to download and see what I have done wrong.

Thanks and Regards

Hi,\ I am trying to learn APDL scripting an Ansys Workbench. I am following the tutorial at **[https://sites.ualberta.ca/\~wmoussa/AnsysTutorial/C...](https://sites.ualberta.ca/\~wmoussa/AnsysTutorial/CL/CIT/Density/Print.pdf)**\ \ I have written scripts as shown in the images below. I cannot understand how to make a Keypoint in DesignModeler (DM). I have made two points and a line body from the two points. Then I allocated a rectangular shape from "Create" tab in. There are different types of errors and warnings. Can anyone please help me as in the Solution Information, solver deletes the Modulus of Elasticity and gives me pivot points errors. Since nothing was working, I have also fixed points. How can I mark a point as Keyword in Workbench. I am using Ansys 2021.\ Also, I need a vey good explanation of Real constants and what role do they play.\ I shall be grateful for all the help. I have attached WB file to download and see what I have done wrong. Thanks and Regards
CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Tue, Jul 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Sayed,

Second, the tutorial is for ANSYS 7.0 which was released in 2005 and is completely incompatible with the Workbench interface for ANSYS that you are using.  Find a tutorial for your current version of ANSYS.

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
www.baesystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: syed.haqqi@graduate.curtin.edu.au syed.haqqi@graduate.curtin.edu.au
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 2:45 AM
To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org
Subject: [Xansys] APDL Scripting in Workbench - Problem 1

External Email Alert

This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network.
Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros.  For further information on how to spot phishing, access OSI IT Policies and report phishing by forwarding mail to phishing@baesystems.com.

Sayed, First, please read the mailing list posting instructions for the mailing list at xansys.org, and post your full name with every post. Second, the tutorial is for ANSYS 7.0 which was released in 2005 and is completely incompatible with the Workbench interface for ANSYS that you are using. Find a tutorial for your current version of ANSYS. Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com -----Original Message----- From: syed.haqqi@graduate.curtin.edu.au <syed.haqqi@graduate.curtin.edu.au> Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 2:45 AM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [Xansys] APDL Scripting in Workbench - Problem 1 External Email Alert This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network. Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros. For further information on how to spot phishing, access OSI IT Policies and report phishing by forwarding mail to phishing@baesystems.com. Hi,\ I am trying to learn APDL scripting an Ansys Workbench. I am following the tutorial at **[https://sites.ualberta.ca/\~wmoussa/AnsysTutorial/C...](https://sites.ualberta.ca/\~wmoussa/AnsysTutorial/CL/CIT/Density/Print.pdf)**\ \ I have written scripts as shown in the images below. I cannot understand how to make a Keypoint in DesignModeler (DM). I have made two points and a line body from the two points. Then I allocated a rectangular shape from "Create" tab in. There are different types of errors and warnings. Can anyone please help me as in the Solution Information, solver deletes the Modulus of Elasticity and gives me pivot points errors. Since nothing was working, I have also fixed points. How can I mark a point as Keyword in Workbench. I am using Ansys 2021.\ Also, I need a vey good explanation of Real constants and what role do they play.\ I shall be grateful for all the help. I have attached WB file to download and see what I have done wrong. Thanks and Regards