outres to write result in specified time

BF
Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU)
Thu, Jun 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Hi,
I have an analysis with 2 Load Step. I need to force Ansys to write result at a specified time 1.24 at second LS. For this I inserted a command snippet which is set to be executed at second LS only.

The macro is given below,

*dim,resultime,array,2,1,1
*set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2
outres,erase
outres,all,none
outres,all,%resultime%

Now I got the following error message,

*** ERROR ***                          CP =    573.764  TIME= 12:15:32
The first time point set by array RESULTIME for the OUTRES command must
be equal to or greater than the initial time.

In my macro, the first time point is 1.24 which is greater than the initial time of second LS . i.e 1.

Then why I got this error? How to correct this?

Reagrds,
Benjamin Franklin F
Ashok Leyland
Chennai
The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

[...]
NH
Nelson Ho
Thu, Jun 22, 2023 5:14 AM

Hi Benjamin,

I have never used this method before but try

Outres,all, %resultime(1,1)%

I believe the way you entered gives a null value.

Thanks,
Nelson

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 8:39 PM Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU)
via Xansys xansys-temp@list.xansys.org wrote:

[...]

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing
account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to
xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Hi Benjamin, I have never used this method before but try Outres,all, %resultime(1,1)% I believe the way you entered gives a null value. Thanks, Nelson On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 8:39 PM Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> wrote: > Hi, > I have an analysis with 2 Load Step. I need to force Ansys to write > result at a specified time 1.24 at second LS. For this I inserted a command > snippet which is set to be executed at second LS only. > > The macro is given below, > > *dim,resultime,array,2,1,1 > *set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2 > outres,erase > outres,all,none > outres,all,%resultime% > > Now I got the following error message, > > *** ERROR *** CP = 573.764 TIME= 12:15:32 > The first time point set by array RESULTIME for the OUTRES command must > be equal to or greater than the initial time. > > > > In my macro, the first time point is 1.24 which is greater than the > initial time of second LS . i.e 1. > > Then why I got this error? How to correct this? > > > Reagrds, > Benjamin Franklin F > Ashok Leyland > Chennai > The information contained in this communication is privileged, > confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the > addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and > infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the > intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, > distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by > you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you > have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail > and destroy all copies of the original message. > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing > account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to > xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list >
BF
Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU)
Thu, Jun 22, 2023 8:02 AM

Hi Nelson,
Thanks for your mail. I tried your option. But it did not work.
Reagrds,
Benjamin Franklin F

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.ukmailto:xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Hi Nelson, Thanks for your mail. I tried your option. But it did not work. Reagrds, Benjamin Franklin F From: Nelson Ho <nelsonho567@gmail.com> Sent: 22 June 2023 10:44 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) <Benjamin.Franklin@ashokleyland.com> Subject: Re: [Xansys] outres to write result in specified time CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking links, especially from unknown senders. Hi Benjamin, I have never used this method before but try Outres,all, %resultime(1,1)% I believe the way you entered gives a null value. Thanks, Nelson On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 8:39 PM Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp@list.xansys.org>> wrote: Hi, I have an analysis with 2 Load Step. I need to force Ansys to write result at a specified time 1.24 at second LS. For this I inserted a command snippet which is set to be executed at second LS only. The macro is given below, *dim,resultime,array,2,1,1 *set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2 outres,erase outres,all,none outres,all,%resultime% Now I got the following error message, *** ERROR *** CP = 573.764 TIME= 12:15:32 The first time point set by array RESULTIME for the OUTRES command must be equal to or greater than the initial time. In my macro, the first time point is 1.24 which is greater than the initial time of second LS . i.e 1. Then why I got this error? How to correct this? Reagrds, Benjamin Franklin F Ashok Leyland Chennai The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org> If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk<mailto:xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk> and not to the list The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
FA
Factoo, Anjum
Thu, Jun 22, 2023 9:08 AM

Hi Benjamin,

You can give substeps in your analysis, and save all the results at every substep, u can divided the total time so that you get a result at 1.24.

This may be very lengthy process. but if your solve time is not very big this will help you.

for eg.

nsub,25,25,25

This will save results at every 0.04 step. Hence 0.04*6 = 0.24 (so 6th step will be what you are looking for)

I assume you are using MAPDL. Apologies if my suggestion is not in line with your expectation.

Thanks
Anjum

This mail has been sent from an external source. Do not reply to it, or open any links/attachments unless you are sure of the sender's identity.

[...]

Hi Benjamin, You can give substeps in your analysis, and save all the results at every substep, u can divided the total time so that you get a result at 1.24. This may be very lengthy process. but if your solve time is not very big this will help you. for eg. nsub,25,25,25 This will save results at every 0.04 step. Hence 0.04*6 = 0.24 (so 6th step will be what you are looking for) I assume you are using MAPDL. Apologies if my suggestion is not in line with your expectation. Thanks Anjum -----Original Message----- From: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: 22 June 2023 09:08 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) <Benjamin.Franklin@ashokleyland.com> Subject: [Xansys] outres to write result in specified time ******This mail has been sent from an external source. Do not reply to it, or open any links/attachments unless you are sure of the sender's identity.****** Hi, I have an analysis with 2 Load Step. I need to force Ansys to write result at a specified time 1.24 at second LS. For this I inserted a command snippet which is set to be executed at second LS only. The macro is given below, *dim,resultime,array,2,1,1 *set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2 outres,erase outres,all,none outres,all,%resultime% Now I got the following error message, *** ERROR *** CP = 573.764 TIME= 12:15:32 The first time point set by array RESULTIME for the OUTRES command must be equal to or greater than the initial time. In my macro, the first time point is 1.24 which is greater than the initial time of second LS . i.e 1. Then why I got this error? How to correct this? Reagrds, Benjamin Franklin F Ashok Leyland Chennai The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.
BF
Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU)
Thu, Jun 22, 2023 9:20 AM

Hi Anjum,
Thanks for your reply. I am aware of this method and used to follow this method for simple analysis. Whereas this is a big model and I don't have that luxury to write many more substeps in my machine.

BTW, I remember that this macro worked well when I used this method around eight years ago. I feel, I missed something in the macro. That's what I want to find now.

Reagrds,
Benjamin Franklin F

[...]

Hi Anjum, Thanks for your reply. I am aware of this method and used to follow this method for simple analysis. Whereas this is a big model and I don't have that luxury to write many more substeps in my machine. BTW, I remember that this macro worked well when I used this method around eight years ago. I feel, I missed something in the macro. That's what I want to find now. Reagrds, Benjamin Franklin F -----Original Message----- From: Factoo, Anjum <anjum.factoo@capgemini.com> Sent: 22 June 2023 14:39 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) <Benjamin.Franklin@ashokleyland.com> Subject: RE: outres to write result in specified time CAUTION: This email originated from outside your organization. Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking links, especially from unknown senders. Hi Benjamin, You can give substeps in your analysis, and save all the results at every substep, u can divided the total time so that you get a result at 1.24. This may be very lengthy process. but if your solve time is not very big this will help you. for eg. nsub,25,25,25 This will save results at every 0.04 step. Hence 0.04*6 = 0.24 (so 6th step will be what you are looking for) I assume you are using MAPDL. Apologies if my suggestion is not in line with your expectation. Thanks Anjum -----Original Message----- From: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: 22 June 2023 09:08 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) <Benjamin.Franklin@ashokleyland.com> Subject: [Xansys] outres to write result in specified time ******This mail has been sent from an external source. Do not reply to it, or open any links/attachments unless you are sure of the sender's identity.****** Hi, I have an analysis with 2 Load Step. I need to force Ansys to write result at a specified time 1.24 at second LS. For this I inserted a command snippet which is set to be executed at second LS only. The macro is given below, *dim,resultime,array,2,1,1 *set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2 outres,erase outres,all,none outres,all,%resultime% Now I got the following error message, *** ERROR *** CP = 573.764 TIME= 12:15:32 The first time point set by array RESULTIME for the OUTRES command must be equal to or greater than the initial time. In my macro, the first time point is 1.24 which is greater than the initial time of second LS . i.e 1. Then why I got this error? How to correct this? Reagrds, Benjamin Franklin F Ashok Leyland Chennai The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
CA
Caba, Aaron C (US)
Thu, Jun 22, 2023 3:06 PM

Benjamin,

Can you just run 3 load steps and set the end times to 1, 1.24, & 2?

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
www.baesystems.com

This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network.

Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros.  For further information on how to spot phishing, access “Cybersecurity OneSpace Page” and report phishing by clicking the button “Report Phishing” on the Outlook toolbar.

[...]

Benjamin, Can you just run 3 load steps and set the end times to 1, 1.24, & 2? Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com -----Original Message----- From: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2023 11:38 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) <Benjamin.Franklin@ashokleyland.com> Subject: [Xansys] outres to write result in specified time External Email Alert This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network. Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros. For further information on how to spot phishing, access “Cybersecurity OneSpace Page” and report phishing by clicking the button “Report Phishing” on the Outlook toolbar. Hi, I have an analysis with 2 Load Step. I need to force Ansys to write result at a specified time 1.24 at second LS. For this I inserted a command snippet which is set to be executed at second LS only. The macro is given below, *dim,resultime,array,2,1,1 *set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2 outres,erase outres,all,none outres,all,%resultime% Now I got the following error message, *** ERROR *** CP = 573.764 TIME= 12:15:32 The first time point set by array RESULTIME for the OUTRES command must be equal to or greater than the initial time. In my macro, the first time point is 1.24 which is greater than the initial time of second LS . i.e 1. Then why I got this error? How to correct this? Reagrds, Benjamin Franklin F Ashok Leyland Chennai The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
CW
Christopher Wright
Thu, Jun 22, 2023 6:23 PM

On Jun 22, 2023, at 4:20 AM, Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) via Xansys xansys-temp@list.xansys.org wrote:

BTW, I remember that this macro worked well when I used this method around eight years ago. I feel, I missed something in the macro. That's what I want to find now.

Do a check run and write the output listing to a file—this will run quick and avoid saving a monster output file. Then check through the listing and see how ANSYS interprets your instructions so you can fix up your input command listing to give you the output listing you want—whatever that might be…

Christopher Wright P.E. (ret'd) |"They couldn't hit an elephant at
chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/ | John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania (1864)

On Jun 22, 2023, at 4:20 AM, Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> wrote: > BTW, I remember that this macro worked well when I used this method around eight years ago. I feel, I missed something in the macro. That's what I want to find now. Do a check run and write the output listing to a file—this will run quick and avoid saving a monster output file. Then check through the listing and see how ANSYS interprets your instructions so you can fix up your input command listing to give you the output listing you want—whatever that might be… Christopher Wright P.E. (ret'd) |"They couldn't hit an elephant at chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen. http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/ | John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania (1864)
CW
Christopher Wright
Thu, Jun 22, 2023 7:07 PM

On Jun 22, 2023, at 10:06 AM, Caba, Aaron C (US) via Xansys xansys-temp@list.xansys.org wrote:

Can you just run 3 load steps and set the end times to 1, 1.24, & 2?

That would result in a bogus loading—basically three displacement spikes.It isn't al that clear what he's after, but it sounds like he needs to run a displacement history but he only wants results at a few specific times.

That of course brings up another issue he didn't mention—namely how he knows he wants results at exactly those times. But that's tomorrow's problem. Actually that's the major problem with time-history analysis—how to know—between the loading or displacement maxima and the model frequency response—which instant in time provides the governing loading. Time-histories—real world time histories like synthetic earthquake records—can be a big pain in the butt.

Christopher Wright P.E. (ret'd) |"They couldn't hit an elephant at
chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/ | John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania (1864)

> On Jun 22, 2023, at 10:06 AM, Caba, Aaron C (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> wrote: > > Can you just run 3 load steps and set the end times to 1, 1.24, & 2? That would result in a bogus loading—basically three displacement spikes.It isn't al that clear what he's after, but it sounds like he needs to run a displacement history but he only wants results at a few specific times. That of course brings up another issue he didn't mention—namely how he knows he wants results at exactly those times. But that's tomorrow's problem. Actually that's the major problem with time-history analysis—how to know—between the loading or displacement maxima and the model frequency response—which instant in time provides the governing loading. Time-histories—real world time histories like synthetic earthquake records—can be a big pain in the butt. Christopher Wright P.E. (ret'd) |"They couldn't hit an elephant at chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen. http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/ | John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania (1864)
BF
Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU)
Fri, Jun 23, 2023 9:25 AM

Dear xansys experts,
Thanks for those who replied my query. The issue is resolved. I am posting this here to share the lesson I learnt from this issue with the xansys community.

 The macro I inserted was correct only. The culprit is the number of initial sub steps, I set.

Basically the "outres" command will not make Ansys to solve a sub step at time 1.24.
It is the number we set for initial and minimum time step which controls Ansys to solve a substep at time 1.24.
The "Auto Time stepping" I set  during the run was "Prog Controlled". This setting did not help to solve a sub step at time 1.24.

Now I set the initial time step as 0.04 and minimum time step as 0.01. Now the time step control force the Ansys to solve an intermediate substep at time 1.24. This result will be forced to write in result file by the "outres" command, I used in macro.

To summarize, If we want to force Ansys to write result at particular time, we need to choose time step accordingly. Then insert the following command snippet.

*dim,resultime,array,2,1,1
*set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2
outres,erase
outres,all,none
outres,all,%resultime%

Hope this information may help anyone in our group.

PS: Special thanks to Santhosh Murugadass of Ansys India for making me to understand this.

Reagrds,
Benjamin Franklin F

[...]

Dear xansys experts, Thanks for those who replied my query. The issue is resolved. I am posting this here to share the lesson I learnt from this issue with the xansys community. The macro I inserted was correct only. The culprit is the number of initial sub steps, I set. Basically the "outres" command will not make Ansys to solve a sub step at time 1.24. It is the number we set for initial and minimum time step which controls Ansys to solve a substep at time 1.24. The "Auto Time stepping" I set during the run was "Prog Controlled". This setting did not help to solve a sub step at time 1.24. Now I set the initial time step as 0.04 and minimum time step as 0.01. Now the time step control force the Ansys to solve an intermediate substep at time 1.24. This result will be forced to write in result file by the "outres" command, I used in macro. To summarize, If we want to force Ansys to write result at particular time, we need to choose time step accordingly. Then insert the following command snippet. *dim,resultime,array,2,1,1 *set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2 outres,erase outres,all,none outres,all,%resultime% Hope this information may help anyone in our group. PS: Special thanks to Santhosh Murugadass of Ansys India for making me to understand this. Reagrds, Benjamin Franklin F From: Benjamin F Franklin (CAE-METHODS & STRU) Sent: 22 June 2023 09:08 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: outres to write result in specified time Hi, I have an analysis with 2 Load Step. I need to force Ansys to write result at a specified time 1.24 at second LS. For this I inserted a command snippet which is set to be executed at second LS only. The macro is given below, *dim,resultime,array,2,1,1 *set,resultime(1,1),1.24,2 outres,erase outres,all,none outres,all,%resultime% Now I got the following error message, *** ERROR *** CP = 573.764 TIME= 12:15:32 The first time point set by array RESULTIME for the OUTRES command must be equal to or greater than the initial time. In my macro, the first time point is 1.24 which is greater than the initial time of second LS . i.e 1. Then why I got this error? How to correct this? Reagrds, Benjamin Franklin F Ashok Leyland Chennai The information contained in this communication is privileged, confidential and proprietary, and is intended for the sole use of/by the addressee. Usage by anyone other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of Ashok Leyland Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message.