FW: New machine - new error Ansys APDL (classic)

BD
Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US)
Fri, Apr 12, 2024 8:09 PM

I am still 19.2.

I've heard form a colleague that we can request certain files be exempt from the virus scan.  Which files should I ask for .lock ?  .err?  .log?  .out?  Which files do we think Ansys  is trying to access during startup.  It dies before an output window even pops up.

Thanks,,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom cameljoe@optonline.net
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2024 8:54 AM
To: XANSYS Mailing List Home xansys-temp@list.xansys.org
Cc: Keith DiRienz fea-technologies@cox.net; aaron.caba@baesystems.us; Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) dan.bohlen@ge.com
Subject: EXT: Re: [Xansys] FW: New machine - new error Ansys APDL (classic)

WARNING: This email originated from outside of GE. Please validate the sender's email address before clicking on links or attachments as they may not be safe.

Dan,
What version of ansys are you running?

I found that, when running v2022r2 distributed under windows 10 with Crowdstrike installed, my solve times increased 10 to 20x. My model had roughly 15 million dof. User beware.

Tom Caltabellotta
Caci
Senior mechanical engineer
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2024, at 8:21 AM, Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) via Xansys xansys-temp@list.xansys.org wrote:

Hi Keith, Aaron,

I think Aaron may have hit on it.  In my Ansys start up script I do have the command to remove an existing .lock files that exist.    Not sure that's the issue, but my test is going to be to use our system start.ans file (versus mine personal one)  and see if that fixes it.  So it is probably the "permissions"  related to all the security stuff we have.  We have "crowdstrike falcon sensor service" (some sort of anti-hacking software)  in addition to some AI stuff, Anti-malware,  VPN  software running .

There's enough software running in the background - seems plausible one of them thinks Ansys is attacking my machine!

I will keep you all posted.

Many thanks!

Dan OhpleasePCletansysclassicstartupforme  Bohlen