Random write error, I/0 status error = 28 after going from 2021 Ansys to 2023 Ansys

nelsonho567@gmail.com
Thu, Jun 6, 2024 1:18 AM

Hello,

I inadvertently opened model from 2021R2 to 2023R2 and now my model refuses to solve and ends in a fatal error:

Random write error, I/0 status error = 28

I have more than enough disk space to solve the model so I know it isn’t a drive  issue.

Additional background info
I am running prestressed modal analysis. I have all the restart files included R00#, ldhi, rdb files to initiate the perturbation run. It solved perfectly fine in the Ansys 2021 version

Have others here encountered similar issues, and if so, how was it resolved?

Thanks,
Nelson

Hello, I inadvertently opened model from 2021R2 to 2023R2 and now my model refuses to solve and ends in a fatal error: *Random write error, I/0 status error = 28*\ \ I have more than enough disk space to solve the model so I know it isn’t a drive issue. Additional background info\ I am running prestressed modal analysis. I have all the restart files included R00#, ldhi, rdb files to initiate the perturbation run. It solved perfectly fine in the Ansys 2021 version \ Have others here encountered similar issues, and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks,\ Nelson
MR
Matthew Ridzon
Thu, Jun 6, 2024 12:03 PM

May we assume that you chose Exit > NoSave once you realized the newer version didn't work?  If so, why don't you just revert to the previous version?

—Matt

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

May we assume that you chose Exit > NoSave once you realized the newer version didn't work? If so, why don't you just revert to the previous version? —Matt -----Original Message----- From: nelsonho567--- via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: June 5, 2024 9:19 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Cc: nelsonho567@gmail.com Subject: [Xansys] Random write error, I/0 status error = 28 after going from 2021 Ansys to 2023 Ansys Hello, I inadvertently opened model from 2021R2 to 2023R2 and now my model refuses to solve and ends in a fatal error: *Random write error, I/0 status error = 28*\ \ I have more than enough disk space to solve the model so I know it isn’t a drive issue. Additional background info\ I am running prestressed modal analysis. I have all the restart files included R00#, ldhi, rdb files to initiate the perturbation run. It solved perfectly fine in the Ansys 2021 version \ Have others here encountered similar issues, and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks,\ Nelson _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list