'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', (ERROR) What does it mean?

BD
Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US)
Fri, May 12, 2023 12:30 PM

(posting for a friend)

Eric/Dan, I'm trying to run the FBO load only run with alpha0 and all contacts bonded. I have this error 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', that's all there is to it, no any other error information given, have you seen this? do you know what this means?

thanks,

Chris

Dan Bohlen
Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis
STAR review chairman, military structures
NGP engine focal
GE Aerospace
1 Neumann Way
Evendale, OH  45215  USA

Build B90 Col. H5  cube BK35-251
M/D H358  Cell  513-917-3402

Building 200 Col. G3  cube BC088  Desk Phone 3-8816

GE FOCUS:  Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost

"In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming

(posting for a friend) Eric/Dan, I'm trying to run the FBO load only run with alpha0 and all contacts bonded. I have this error 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', that's all there is to it, no any other error information given, have you seen this? do you know what this means? thanks, Chris Dan Bohlen Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis STAR review chairman, military structures NGP engine focal GE Aerospace 1 Neumann Way Evendale, OH 45215 USA Build B90 Col. H5 cube BK35-251 M/D H358 Cell 513-917-3402 Building 200 Col. G3 cube BC088 Desk Phone 3-8816 GE FOCUS: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost "In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming
BD
Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US)
Fri, May 12, 2023 1:14 PM

So far my friend thinks it is related to coating brick with shells and connecting them with surface to surface bonded contact.

WARNING: This email originated from outside of GE. Please validate the sender's email address before clicking on links or attachments as they may not be safe.

(posting for a friend)

Eric/Dan, I'm trying to run the FBO load only run with alpha0 and all contacts bonded. I have this error 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', that's all there is to it, no any other error information given, have you seen this? do you know what this means?

thanks,

Chris

Dan Bohlen
Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis
STAR review chairman, military structures NGP engine focal GE Aerospace
1 Neumann Way
Evendale, OH  45215  USA

Build B90 Col. H5  cube BK35-251
M/D H358  Cell  513-917-3402

Building 200 Col. G3  cube BC088  Desk Phone 3-8816

GE FOCUS:  Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost

"In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

So far my friend thinks it is related to coating brick with shells and connecting them with surface to surface bonded contact. -----Original Message----- From: Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) <dan.bohlen@ge.com> Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 8:30 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: EXT: [Xansys] 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', (ERROR) What does it mean? WARNING: This email originated from outside of GE. Please validate the sender's email address before clicking on links or attachments as they may not be safe. (posting for a friend) Eric/Dan, I'm trying to run the FBO load only run with alpha0 and all contacts bonded. I have this error 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', that's all there is to it, no any other error information given, have you seen this? do you know what this means? thanks, Chris Dan Bohlen Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis STAR review chairman, military structures NGP engine focal GE Aerospace 1 Neumann Way Evendale, OH 45215 USA Build B90 Col. H5 cube BK35-251 M/D H358 Cell 513-917-3402 Building 200 Col. G3 cube BC088 Desk Phone 3-8816 GE FOCUS: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost "In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
JM
Joe Metrisin
Fri, May 12, 2023 1:39 PM

I've done that before many times to simulate a TBC coating, but you don't
need the bonded contact if the shells/solids share nodes.

Joseph T Metrisin
Structures Lead

Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc a KRATOS Company
1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA
+1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile
Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com

We are hiring; Join the FTT Team in Jupiter, Florida
Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com

Confidentiality Note:
The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are
proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you received this communication in error, please delete the message and
immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

[...]

I've done that before many times to simulate a TBC coating, but you don't need the bonded contact if the shells/solids share nodes. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc a KRATOS Company 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com We are hiring; Join the FTT Team in Jupiter, Florida Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) <dan.bohlen@ge.com> Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 9:15 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [External] - [Xansys] Re: 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', (ERROR) What does it mean? CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. So far my friend thinks it is related to coating brick with shells and connecting them with surface to surface bonded contact. -----Original Message----- From: Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) <dan.bohlen@ge.com> Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 8:30 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: EXT: [Xansys] 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', (ERROR) What does it mean? WARNING: This email originated from outside of GE. Please validate the sender's email address before clicking on links or attachments as they may not be safe. (posting for a friend) Eric/Dan, I'm trying to run the FBO load only run with alpha0 and all contacts bonded. I have this error 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', that's all there is to it, no any other error information given, have you seen this? do you know what this means? thanks, Chris Dan Bohlen Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis STAR review chairman, military structures NGP engine focal GE Aerospace 1 Neumann Way Evendale, OH 45215 USA Build B90 Col. H5 cube BK35-251 M/D H358 Cell 513-917-3402 Building 200 Col. G3 cube BC088 Desk Phone 3-8816 GE FOCUS: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost "In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
BA
Baker, Alan (E&PS)
Fri, May 12, 2023 2:59 PM

I have not seen this error, but riffing off the hint from your friend ... perhaps related to MPC connecting to the shell?  Shell theory doesn't have a stiffness for the drilling DOF (rotation about a vector normal to the surface).  I don't know how ANSYS handles this, but other FEA software apply an artificial stiffness that from experience works for most cases.

Alan Baker
Principal Engineer
Engine Systems & Component Analysis
Honeywell | Aerospace
Office:  480.293.2059
alan.baker2@honeywell.com

[...]

I have not seen this error, but riffing off the hint from your friend ... perhaps related to MPC connecting to the shell? Shell theory doesn't have a stiffness for the drilling DOF (rotation about a vector normal to the surface). I don't know how ANSYS handles this, but other FEA software apply an artificial stiffness that from experience works for most cases. Alan Baker Principal Engineer Engine Systems & Component Analysis Honeywell | Aerospace Office: 480.293.2059 alan.baker2@honeywell.com -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 6:39 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - Re: 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', (ERROR) What does it mean? I've done that before many times to simulate a TBC coating, but you don't need the bonded contact if the shells/solids share nodes. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc a KRATOS Company 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com We are hiring; Join the FTT Team in Jupiter, Florida Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com/ Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) <dan.bohlen@ge.com> Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 9:15 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [External] - [Xansys] Re: 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', (ERROR) What does it mean? CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. So far my friend thinks it is related to coating brick with shells and connecting them with surface to surface bonded contact. -----Original Message----- From: Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) <dan.bohlen@ge.com> Sent: Friday, May 12, 2023 8:30 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: EXT: [Xansys] 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', (ERROR) What does it mean? WARNING: This email originated from outside of GE. Please validate the sender's email address before clicking on links or attachments as they may not be safe. (posting for a friend) Eric/Dan, I'm trying to run the FBO load only run with alpha0 and all contacts bonded. I have this error 'The number of integration point 6 is incorrect', that's all there is to it, no any other error information given, have you seen this? do you know what this means? thanks, Chris Dan Bohlen Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis STAR review chairman, military structures NGP engine focal GE Aerospace 1 Neumann Way Evendale, OH 45215 USA Build B90 Col. H5 cube BK35-251 M/D H358 Cell 513-917-3402 Building 200 Col. G3 cube BC088 Desk Phone 3-8816 GE FOCUS: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost "In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list