Anand model vs Garofalo Model

MG
Mohammad Gharaibeh
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 6:54 PM

Dear Experts,

I have a question regarding Anand model and Garofalo model while simulating
creep of solder alloys.

As you might know, Anand model has 9 parameters and Garofalo’s has 4. Both
are well established in ANSYS and can be easily plugged in.

Garofalo:
Creep_Strain_Rate= A exp(-Q/RT)*[sinh(y.Stress)]^n
Where:A, Q/R, y and n are constants.

Anand:
Plastic_Strain_Rate= A exp(-Q/RT)*[sinh(Z.Stress/S)] ^(1/m)
Where:A, Q/R, Z and m are constants. Also, S is the internal variable of
stress and it is function of 5 other parameters. I’m not gonna get into
that here.

My question is, if I want to obtain the 4 parameters of Garofalo from
Anand’s, is that possible? My initial thoughts are, the pre-exponential
factor (A) and Activation Energy/Universal Gas (Q/R) constant will be the
same in both models. Also, “n” of Garofalo’s is 1/m of Anand’s. But for
Garofalo’s “y” parameter, y=Z/S. For the S value (which is function of too
many variables such plastic strain and plastic strain rate, etc.) - How can
this S variable be used in Garofalo’s equation? Or, as in Modified Anand
model, S value is the saturation value of deformation resistance (s^) or is
there some other suggestion?

By the way, is Modified Anand model readily available in ANSYS? I’m using
ANSYS 2020 R1.

Please let me hear your thoughts.

Best,
Mohammad

--

---====
Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D.

---====

[...]
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 8:04 PM

Have I gone invisible?

I’ve posted as below yesterday and didn’t receive any response or, at
least, any criticism on it! Which is quite unusual. Has anyone received my
email?

Or, the other question, did someone reply and I didn’t get the email?

Thanks!
Mohammad

On Monday, August 15, 2022, Mohammad Gharaibeh mgharai1@binghamton.edu
wrote:

[...]

Have I gone invisible? I’ve posted as below yesterday and didn’t receive any response or, at least, any criticism on it! Which is quite unusual. Has anyone received my email? Or, the other question, did someone reply and I didn’t get the email? Thanks! Mohammad On Monday, August 15, 2022, Mohammad Gharaibeh <mgharai1@binghamton.edu> wrote: > Dear Experts, > > I have a question regarding Anand model and Garofalo model while > simulating creep of solder alloys. > > As you might know, Anand model has 9 parameters and Garofalo’s has 4. Both > are well established in ANSYS and can be easily plugged in. > > Garofalo: > Creep_Strain_Rate= A exp(-Q/RT)*[sinh(y.Stress)]^n > Where:A, Q/R, y and n are constants. > > Anand: > Plastic_Strain_Rate= A exp(-Q/RT)*[sinh(Z.Stress/S)] ^(1/m) > Where:A, Q/R, Z and m are constants. Also, S is the internal variable of > stress and it is function of 5 other parameters. I’m not gonna get into > that here. > > My question is, if I want to obtain the 4 parameters of Garofalo from > Anand’s, is that possible? My initial thoughts are, the pre-exponential > factor (A) and Activation Energy/Universal Gas (Q/R) constant will be the > same in both models. Also, “n” of Garofalo’s is 1/m of Anand’s. But for > Garofalo’s “y” parameter, y=Z/S. For the S value (which is function of too > many variables such plastic strain and plastic strain rate, etc.) - How can > this S variable be used in Garofalo’s equation? Or, as in Modified Anand > model, S value is the saturation value of deformation resistance (s^) or is > there some other suggestion? > > By the way, is Modified Anand model readily available in ANSYS? I’m using > ANSYS 2020 R1. > > Please let me hear your thoughts. > > Best, > Mohammad > > > -- > ===================================== > Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. > Associate Professor > Department of Mechanical Engineering > The Hashemite University > P.O. Box 330127 > Zarqa, 13133, Jordan > Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 > Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 > ===================================== > > > > -- ===================================== Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering The Hashemite University P.O. Box 330127 Zarqa, 13133, Jordan Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 =====================================
MO
Metin Ozen
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 8:45 PM

Hi Mohammad,

I did see your post yesterday but I did not have anything to add; I never tried obtaining Garofalo parameters from Anand. So, you are not invisible yet 😊

On Monday, August 15, 2022, Mohammad Gharaibeh <mgharai1@binghamton.edumailto:mgharai1@binghamton.edu>

wrote:

[...]

Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.orgmailto:xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.orgmailto:xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.ukmailto:xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Hi Mohammad, I did see your post yesterday but I did not have anything to add; I never tried obtaining Garofalo parameters from Anand. So, you are not invisible yet 😊 -----Original Message----- From: Mohammad Gharaibeh via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 1:04 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Mohammad Gharaibeh <mgharai1@binghamton.edu> Subject: [Xansys] Re: Anand model vs Garofalo Model Have I gone invisible? I’ve posted as below yesterday and didn’t receive any response or, at least, any criticism on it! Which is quite unusual. Has anyone received my email? Or, the other question, did someone reply and I didn’t get the email? Thanks! Mohammad On Monday, August 15, 2022, Mohammad Gharaibeh <mgharai1@binghamton.edu<mailto:mgharai1@binghamton.edu>> wrote: > Dear Experts, > > I have a question regarding Anand model and Garofalo model while > simulating creep of solder alloys. > > As you might know, Anand model has 9 parameters and Garofalo’s has 4. > Both are well established in ANSYS and can be easily plugged in. > > Garofalo: > Creep_Strain_Rate= A exp(-Q/RT)*[sinh(y.Stress)]^n Where:A, Q/R, y and > n are constants. > > Anand: > Plastic_Strain_Rate= A exp(-Q/RT)*[sinh(Z.Stress/S)] ^(1/m) Where:A, > Q/R, Z and m are constants. Also, S is the internal variable of stress > and it is function of 5 other parameters. I’m not gonna get into that > here. > > My question is, if I want to obtain the 4 parameters of Garofalo from > Anand’s, is that possible? My initial thoughts are, the > pre-exponential factor (A) and Activation Energy/Universal Gas (Q/R) > constant will be the same in both models. Also, “n” of Garofalo’s is > 1/m of Anand’s. But for Garofalo’s “y” parameter, y=Z/S. For the S > value (which is function of too many variables such plastic strain and > plastic strain rate, etc.) - How can this S variable be used in > Garofalo’s equation? Or, as in Modified Anand model, S value is the > saturation value of deformation resistance (s^) or is there some other suggestion? > > By the way, is Modified Anand model readily available in ANSYS? I’m > using ANSYS 2020 R1. > > Please let me hear your thoughts. > > Best, > Mohammad > > > -- > ===================================== > Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. > Associate Professor > Department of Mechanical Engineering > The Hashemite University > P.O. Box 330127 > Zarqa, 13133, Jordan > Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 > Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 > ===================================== > > > > -- ===================================== Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering The Hashemite University P.O. Box 330127 Zarqa, 13133, Jordan Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 ===================================== _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org> If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk<mailto:xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk> and not to the list
MG
Mohammad Gharaibeh
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 9:02 PM

On Tuesday, August 16, 2022, Metin Ozen metin@ozeninc.com wrote:

Hi Mohammad,

I did see your post yesterday but I did not have anything to add; I never
tried obtaining Garofalo parameters from Anand. So, you are not invisible
yet 😊

Well, that’s a relief. I thought that post gone missing and no one had seen
it. But it looks like my post was “seeable” but no arguments were available
on it!

Thanks, Mr. Ozen!

Best,
Mohammad

--

---====
Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Hashemite University
P.O. Box 330127
Zarqa, 13133, Jordan
Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771
Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348

---====

On Tuesday, August 16, 2022, Metin Ozen <metin@ozeninc.com> wrote: > Hi Mohammad, > > > > I did see your post yesterday but I did not have anything to add; I never > tried obtaining Garofalo parameters from Anand. So, you are not invisible > yet 😊 > > Well, that’s a relief. I thought that post gone missing and no one had seen it. But it looks like my post was “seeable” but no arguments were available on it! Thanks, Mr. Ozen! Best, Mohammad -- ===================================== Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering The Hashemite University P.O. Box 330127 Zarqa, 13133, Jordan Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 =====================================
SM
Santhosh M
Wed, Aug 17, 2022 8:32 PM

Dear Mohammad,

Basically, Anand Viscoplastic model consider following 3 effects

  1. Isotropic hardening/softening
  2. Primary creep
  3. Secondary creep

Whereas Ansys Generalized Garofalo model considers only Secondary creep effect.

So, it is possible to make Anand Model to behave like a Garofalo model, by eliminating Isotropic hardening/softening & Primary creep from Anand model.
I don't think it is possible to make Garofalo model to behave like Anand Model, as it not considering Isotropic hardening/softening & Primary creep in Garofalo model.

Let us say you know 4 constants for Garofalo mode, then it is possible to make Anand to behave same as Garofalo, by setting following
A=C1
Z=C2
n=1/C3
Q/R=C4
ho=0 ( set 1e-12)
Also set reaming 4 parameters of Anand model=1.

If you want; you can try using temperature dependant MISO curves + Garofalo Creep model, this make take you close to the Anand model.

I am not very certain about what you refer as Modified Anand model, however Anand model available in Ansys is documented below. There is no update on this Anand model in last few yeard, https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/ans_thry/thy_mat2.html

Regards,
Santhosh M
ANSYS India / Bangalore.

wrote:

[...]

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Dear Mohammad, Basically, Anand Viscoplastic model consider following 3 effects 1. Isotropic hardening/softening 2. Primary creep 3. Secondary creep Whereas Ansys Generalized Garofalo model considers only Secondary creep effect. So, it is possible to make Anand Model to behave like a Garofalo model, by eliminating Isotropic hardening/softening & Primary creep from Anand model. I don't think it is possible to make Garofalo model to behave like Anand Model, as it not considering Isotropic hardening/softening & Primary creep in Garofalo model. Let us say you know 4 constants for Garofalo mode, then it is possible to make Anand to behave same as Garofalo, by setting following A=C1 Z=C2 n=1/C3 Q/R=C4 ho=0 ( set 1e-12) Also set reaming 4 parameters of Anand model=1. If you want; you can try using temperature dependant MISO curves + Garofalo Creep model, this make take you close to the Anand model. I am not very certain about what you refer as Modified Anand model, however Anand model available in Ansys is documented below. There is no update on this Anand model in last few yeard, https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/ans_thry/thy_mat2.html ------------------------------------- Regards, Santhosh M ANSYS India / Bangalore. -----Original Message----- From: Metin Ozen <metin@ozeninc.com> Sent: 17 August 2022 02:15 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: Anand model vs Garofalo Model [External Sender] Hi Mohammad, I did see your post yesterday but I did not have anything to add; I never tried obtaining Garofalo parameters from Anand. So, you are not invisible yet 😊 -----Original Message----- From: Mohammad Gharaibeh via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 1:04 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Mohammad Gharaibeh <mgharai1@binghamton.edu> Subject: [Xansys] Re: Anand model vs Garofalo Model Have I gone invisible? I’ve posted as below yesterday and didn’t receive any response or, at least, any criticism on it! Which is quite unusual. Has anyone received my email? Or, the other question, did someone reply and I didn’t get the email? Thanks! Mohammad On Monday, August 15, 2022, Mohammad Gharaibeh <mgharai1@binghamton.edu<mailto:mgharai1@binghamton.edu>> wrote: > Dear Experts, > > I have a question regarding Anand model and Garofalo model while > simulating creep of solder alloys. > > As you might know, Anand model has 9 parameters and Garofalo’s has 4. > Both are well established in ANSYS and can be easily plugged in. > > Garofalo: > Creep_Strain_Rate= A exp(-Q/RT)*[sinh(y.Stress)]^n Where:A, Q/R, y and > n are constants. > > Anand: > Plastic_Strain_Rate= A exp(-Q/RT)*[sinh(Z.Stress/S)] ^(1/m) Where:A, > Q/R, Z and m are constants. Also, S is the internal variable of stress > and it is function of 5 other parameters. I’m not gonna get into that > here. > > My question is, if I want to obtain the 4 parameters of Garofalo from > Anand’s, is that possible? My initial thoughts are, the > pre-exponential factor (A) and Activation Energy/Universal Gas (Q/R) > constant will be the same in both models. Also, “n” of Garofalo’s is > 1/m of Anand’s. But for Garofalo’s “y” parameter, y=Z/S. For the S > value (which is function of too many variables such plastic strain and > plastic strain rate, etc.) - How can this S variable be used in > Garofalo’s equation? Or, as in Modified Anand model, S value is the > saturation value of deformation resistance (s^) or is there some other suggestion? > > By the way, is Modified Anand model readily available in ANSYS? I’m > using ANSYS 2020 R1. > > Please let me hear your thoughts. > > Best, > Mohammad > > > -- > ===================================== > Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. > Associate Professor > Department of Mechanical Engineering > The Hashemite University > P.O. Box 330127 > Zarqa, 13133, Jordan > Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 > Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 > ===================================== > > > > -- ===================================== Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering The Hashemite University P.O. Box 330127 Zarqa, 13133, Jordan Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 ===================================== _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org> If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk<mailto:xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk> and not to the list _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list