old ansys command--I can't remember!

RD
Robert Dillworth
Tue, Jan 17, 2023 5:10 PM

This is an ANSYS Classic question.

I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream.  I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow,  midstream.  .  Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Robert Dillworth, PE
Principal Engineer
T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966
Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us
SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc
151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor
New York
, NY 10036
www.socotec.us

Consider the environment before printing this email
This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission.

[...]
JM
Joe Metrisin
Tue, Jan 17, 2023 5:15 PM

Create a file in the running directory:  jobname.solc  with the commands in it.

Joseph T Metrisin
Structures Lead

Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc
1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA
+1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile
Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com

Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com

Confidentiality Note:
The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above.

[...]

Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 www.socotec.us ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission.
RD
Robert Dillworth
Tue, Jan 17, 2023 5:24 PM

Joe, that must be it!  I kept looking for an s-beginning command because that's what I saw in my mind's eye.  Now I remember it's the "solc" extension that I was thinking about.  Thanks!

Where can I read more about the capability and usage?

[...]

Joe, that must be it! I kept looking for an s-beginning command because that's what I saw in my mind's eye. Now I remember it's the "solc" extension that I was thinking about. Thanks! Where can I read more about the capability and usage? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 www.socotec.us ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:15 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 www.socotec.us ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
EM
Eric Miller
Tue, Jan 17, 2023 5:24 PM

Joe beat me to it!

Rod Scholl wrote anarticle for our old newsletter in May 31, 2005 about jobname.solc.

https://www.padtinc.com/2005/05/31/the-focus-newsletter-archive-issue-38/

Eric

We Make Innovation Work
Eric Miller
Products and Services for
Principal & Co-Owner
Simulation, Product Development, and Additive Manufacturing
eric.miller@padtinc.com
Arizona | California | Colorado | New Mexico | Texas | Utah
O 480.813.4884
www.padtinc.com
M 602.722.4622

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Unless you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding, printing, or otherwise disseminating the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone and immediately and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this e-mail message and/or attachments.

[...]

Joe beat me to it! Rod Scholl wrote anarticle for our old newsletter in May 31, 2005 about jobname.solc. https://www.padtinc.com/2005/05/31/the-focus-newsletter-archive-issue-38/ Eric We Make Innovation Work Eric Miller Products and Services for Principal & Co-Owner Simulation, Product Development, and Additive Manufacturing eric.miller@padtinc.com Arizona | California | Colorado | New Mexico | Texas | Utah O 480.813.4884 www.padtinc.com M 602.722.4622 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Unless you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding, printing, or otherwise disseminating the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone and immediately and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this e-mail message and/or attachments. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:15 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 www.socotec.us ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission.
RD
Robert Dillworth
Tue, Jan 17, 2023 5:28 PM

Man, I love this group.  Thanks, Eric and Joe (and all fellow old-timers--go Classic!).

[...]

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Man, I love this group. Thanks, Eric and Joe (and all fellow old-timers--go Classic!). Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 www.socotec.us ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Eric Miller <eric.miller@padtinc.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:24 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Joe beat me to it! Rod Scholl wrote anarticle for our old newsletter in May 31, 2005 about jobname.solc. https://www.padtinc.com/2005/05/31/the-focus-newsletter-archive-issue-38/ Eric We Make Innovation Work Eric Miller Products and Services for Principal & Co-Owner Simulation, Product Development, and Additive Manufacturing eric.miller@padtinc.com Arizona | California | Colorado | New Mexico | Texas | Utah O 480.813.4884 www.padtinc.com M 602.722.4622 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding, printing, or otherwise disseminating the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone and immediately and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this e-mail message and/or attachments. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:15 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 www.socotec.us ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
TR
Testi Riccardo
Wed, Jan 18, 2023 7:48 AM

Dear Mr. Dillworth,
since you value objects with black background, I attach a Piaggio crankcase for a modal evaluation, dating back to the end of 20th century.

Best regards
Riccardo Testi

Development and Strategies
2 Wheeler Engines Technical Centre
Piaggio & C. S.p.A
Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 25
56025 Pontedera (Pisa) - ITALY
Phone:  +39 0587 272850
Fax:        +39 0587 272010
Mobile: +39 339 7241918
CAUTION:This email originated from outside the Piaggio Group. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us&e=e5c82b6b&h=b4454066&f=y&p=y

Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission.
Rod Scholl wrote anarticle for our old newsletter in May 31, 2005 about jobname.solc.

https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.padtinc.com%2F2005%2F05%2F31%2Fthe-focus-newsletter-archive-issue-38%2F&e=e5c82b6b&h=ea8a614e&f=y&p=y

Eric

We Make Innovation Work
Eric Miller
Products and Services for
Principal & Co-Owner
Simulation, Product Development, and Additive Manufacturing eric.miller@padtinc.com Arizona | California | Colorado | New Mexico | Texas | Utah O 480.813.4884  https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.padtinc.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=d502cdef&f=y&p=y  M 602.722.4622

Visit our website:  https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fkratosdefense.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=0481c708&f=y&p=y

[...]

Dear Mr. Dillworth, since you value objects with black background, I attach a Piaggio crankcase for a modal evaluation, dating back to the end of 20th century. Best regards Riccardo Testi --- Development and Strategies 2 Wheeler Engines Technical Centre Piaggio & C. S.p.A Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 25 56025 Pontedera (Pisa) - ITALY Phone: +39 0587 272850 Fax: +39 0587 272010 Mobile: +39 339 7241918 E-mail: riccardo.testi@piaggio.com -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: martedì 17 gennaio 2023 18:29 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION:This email originated from outside the Piaggio Group. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Man, I love this group. Thanks, Eric and Joe (and all fellow old-timers--go Classic!). Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us&e=e5c82b6b&h=b4454066&f=y&p=y ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Eric Miller <eric.miller@padtinc.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:24 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Joe beat me to it! Rod Scholl wrote anarticle for our old newsletter in May 31, 2005 about jobname.solc. https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.padtinc.com%2F2005%2F05%2F31%2Fthe-focus-newsletter-archive-issue-38%2F&e=e5c82b6b&h=ea8a614e&f=y&p=y Eric We Make Innovation Work Eric Miller Products and Services for Principal & Co-Owner Simulation, Product Development, and Additive Manufacturing eric.miller@padtinc.com Arizona | California | Colorado | New Mexico | Texas | Utah O 480.813.4884 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.padtinc.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=d502cdef&f=y&p=y M 602.722.4622 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding, printing, or otherwise disseminating the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone and immediately and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this e-mail message and/or attachments. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:15 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fkratosdefense.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=0481c708&f=y&p=y Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us&e=e5c82b6b&h=b4454066&f=y&p=y ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
UD
Uffe Dal Eriksen
Wed, Jan 18, 2023 8:11 AM

Robert,

As I recall, the solc file is only looked at after the current load step (substep) converges, so you can rarely use it to get out of a dead-end solution. I am not sure if it is also activated after a bisection, though...

Kind regards
Uffe Dal Eriksen
Ramboll Denmark
Energy Transition, Marine Structures

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cude%40ramboll.com%7Cc4495d5a30df422ed05908daf8b04b24%7Cc8823c91be814f89b0246c3dd789c106%7C0%7C0%7C638095733300013783%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=sYy4GrDr1771%2B66ez6KtfIIbXmuVAVyoKaU2iMCUb%2FU%3D&reserved=0

Visit our website: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkratosdefense.com%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cude%40ramboll.com%7Cc4495d5a30df422ed05908daf8b04b24%7Cc8823c91be814f89b0246c3dd789c106%7C0%7C0%7C638095733300013783%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=CTqRIS9tVoc1iBhi%2FhTSaFvA5lHJwKkaX4cxpK2wzb0%3D&reserved=0

[...]

Classification: Confidential

Robert, As I recall, the solc file is only looked at after the current load step (substep) converges, so you can rarely use it to get out of a dead-end solution. I am not sure if it is also activated after a bisection, though... Kind regards Uffe Dal Eriksen Ramboll Denmark Energy Transition, Marine Structures -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: 17. januar 2023 18:24 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! [You don't often get email from robert.dillworth@socotec.us. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ] Joe, that must be it! I kept looking for an s-beginning command because that's what I saw in my mind's eye. Now I remember it's the "solc" extension that I was thinking about. Thanks! Where can I read more about the capability and usage? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cude%40ramboll.com%7Cc4495d5a30df422ed05908daf8b04b24%7Cc8823c91be814f89b0246c3dd789c106%7C0%7C0%7C638095733300013783%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=sYy4GrDr1771%2B66ez6KtfIIbXmuVAVyoKaU2iMCUb%2FU%3D&reserved=0 ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:15 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkratosdefense.com%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cude%40ramboll.com%7Cc4495d5a30df422ed05908daf8b04b24%7Cc8823c91be814f89b0246c3dd789c106%7C0%7C0%7C638095733300013783%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=CTqRIS9tVoc1iBhi%2FhTSaFvA5lHJwKkaX4cxpK2wzb0%3D&reserved=0 Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cude%40ramboll.com%7Cc4495d5a30df422ed05908daf8b04b24%7Cc8823c91be814f89b0246c3dd789c106%7C0%7C0%7C638095733300013783%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=sYy4GrDr1771%2B66ez6KtfIIbXmuVAVyoKaU2iMCUb%2FU%3D&reserved=0 ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Classification: Confidential
RD
Robert Dillworth
Wed, Jan 18, 2023 3:52 PM

Riccardo, you have no idea how much that pleases me.  I'm using Workbench more and more  these days, but I'll never give up my Classic!

[...]

Riccardo, you have no idea how much that pleases me. I'm using Workbench more and more these days, but I'll never give up my Classic! Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 www.socotec.us ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Testi Riccardo <riccardo.testi@piaggio.com> Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 2:48 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Dear Mr. Dillworth, since you value objects with black background, I attach a Piaggio crankcase for a modal evaluation, dating back to the end of 20th century. Best regards Riccardo Testi --- Development and Strategies 2 Wheeler Engines Technical Centre Piaggio & C. S.p.A Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 25 56025 Pontedera (Pisa) - ITALY Phone: +39 0587 272850 Fax: +39 0587 272010 Mobile: +39 339 7241918 E-mail: riccardo.testi@piaggio.com -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: martedì 17 gennaio 2023 18:29 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION:This email originated from outside the Piaggio Group. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Man, I love this group. Thanks, Eric and Joe (and all fellow old-timers--go Classic!). Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us&e=e5c82b6b&h=b4454066&f=y&p=y ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Eric Miller <eric.miller@padtinc.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:24 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Joe beat me to it! Rod Scholl wrote anarticle for our old newsletter in May 31, 2005 about jobname.solc. https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.padtinc.com%2F2005%2F05%2F31%2Fthe-focus-newsletter-archive-issue-38%2F&e=e5c82b6b&h=ea8a614e&f=y&p=y Eric We Make Innovation Work Eric Miller Products and Services for Principal & Co-Owner Simulation, Product Development, and Additive Manufacturing eric.miller@padtinc.com Arizona | California | Colorado | New Mexico | Texas | Utah O 480.813.4884 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.padtinc.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=d502cdef&f=y&p=y M 602.722.4622 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding, printing, or otherwise disseminating the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone and immediately and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this e-mail message and/or attachments. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:15 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fkratosdefense.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=0481c708&f=y&p=y Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us&e=e5c82b6b&h=b4454066&f=y&p=y ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
RD
Robert Dillworth
Wed, Jan 18, 2023 3:55 PM

Thanks, Uffe.  I've never used the approach before, but my memory of it was jogged yesterday when young colleague asked my thoughts on an issue he's having with a model.  What he needs to do, I think, is to simply change NEQIT midstream.  This was one of the uses described in the PADT article Eric sent out yesterday.  Hopefully, it will help my colleague out.  We'll see.

[...]

Thanks, Uffe. I've never used the approach before, but my memory of it was jogged yesterday when young colleague asked my thoughts on an issue he's having with a model. What he needs to do, I think, is to simply change NEQIT midstream. This was one of the uses described in the PADT article Eric sent out yesterday. Hopefully, it will help my colleague out. We'll see. Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 www.socotec.us ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Uffe Dal Eriksen via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 3:12 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Uffe Dal Eriksen <UDE@ramboll.com> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Robert, As I recall, the solc file is only looked at after the current load step (substep) converges, so you can rarely use it to get out of a dead-end solution. I am not sure if it is also activated after a bisection, though... Kind regards Uffe Dal Eriksen Ramboll Denmark Energy Transition, Marine Structures -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: 17. januar 2023 18:24 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! [You don't often get email from robert.dillworth@socotec.us. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ] Joe, that must be it! I kept looking for an s-beginning command because that's what I saw in my mind's eye. Now I remember it's the "solc" extension that I was thinking about. Thanks! Where can I read more about the capability and usage? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cude%40ramboll.com%7Cc4495d5a30df422ed05908daf8b04b24%7Cc8823c91be814f89b0246c3dd789c106%7C0%7C0%7C638095733300013783%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=sYy4GrDr1771%2B66ez6KtfIIbXmuVAVyoKaU2iMCUb%2FU%3D&reserved=0 ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:15 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkratosdefense.com%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cude%40ramboll.com%7Cc4495d5a30df422ed05908daf8b04b24%7Cc8823c91be814f89b0246c3dd789c106%7C0%7C0%7C638095733300013783%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=CTqRIS9tVoc1iBhi%2FhTSaFvA5lHJwKkaX4cxpK2wzb0%3D&reserved=0 Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us%2F&data=05%7C01%7Cude%40ramboll.com%7Cc4495d5a30df422ed05908daf8b04b24%7Cc8823c91be814f89b0246c3dd789c106%7C0%7C0%7C638095733300013783%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=sYy4GrDr1771%2B66ez6KtfIIbXmuVAVyoKaU2iMCUb%2FU%3D&reserved=0 ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Classification: Confidential _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
TR
Testi Riccardo
Wed, Jan 18, 2023 4:01 PM

So am I.....
But I still remember when someone from Ansys scolded me at a conference since I was using Classic only via command line, because I could have scared the bystanders, who might have been thinking it was a hacker-style SW....

[...]

So am I..... But I still remember when someone from Ansys scolded me at a conference since I was using Classic only via command line, because I could have scared the bystanders, who might have been thinking it was a hacker-style SW.... -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: mercoledì 18 gennaio 2023 16:53 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION:This email originated from outside the Piaggio Group. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Riccardo, you have no idea how much that pleases me. I'm using Workbench more and more these days, but I'll never give up my Classic! Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us&e=e5c82b6b&h=b4454066&f=y&p=y ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Testi Riccardo <riccardo.testi@piaggio.com> Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 2:48 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Dear Mr. Dillworth, since you value objects with black background, I attach a Piaggio crankcase for a modal evaluation, dating back to the end of 20th century. Best regards Riccardo Testi --- Development and Strategies 2 Wheeler Engines Technical Centre Piaggio & C. S.p.A Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 25 56025 Pontedera (Pisa) - ITALY Phone: +39 0587 272850 Fax: +39 0587 272010 Mobile: +39 339 7241918 E-mail: riccardo.testi@piaggio.com -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: martedì 17 gennaio 2023 18:29 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION:This email originated from outside the Piaggio Group. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Man, I love this group. Thanks, Eric and Joe (and all fellow old-timers--go Classic!). Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us&e=e5c82b6b&h=b4454066&f=y&p=y ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. -----Original Message----- From: Eric Miller <eric.miller@padtinc.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:24 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Joe beat me to it! Rod Scholl wrote anarticle for our old newsletter in May 31, 2005 about jobname.solc. https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.padtinc.com%2F2005%2F05%2F31%2Fthe-focus-newsletter-archive-issue-38%2F&e=e5c82b6b&h=ea8a614e&f=y&p=y Eric We Make Innovation Work Eric Miller Products and Services for Principal & Co-Owner Simulation, Product Development, and Additive Manufacturing eric.miller@padtinc.com Arizona | California | Colorado | New Mexico | Texas | Utah O 480.813.4884 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.padtinc.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=d502cdef&f=y&p=y M 602.722.4622 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding, printing, or otherwise disseminating the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone and immediately and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this e-mail message and/or attachments. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:15 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - old ansys command--I can't remember! Create a file in the running directory: jobname.solc with the commands in it. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fkratosdefense.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=0481c708&f=y&p=y Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Robert Dillworth <Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:10 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] old ansys command--I can't remember! CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. This is an ANSYS Classic question. I vaguely remember there being some command that would enable a user to submit a command to a running ANSYS job midstream. I'm not talking about stopping and restarting, but altering a running job somehow, midstream. . Does this ring a bell with anyone? Robert Dillworth, PE Principal Engineer T.: +1 212 233 2737 x966 Robert.Dillworth@socotec.us SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc 151 W 42nd Street, 24th Floor New York , NY 10036 https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.socotec.us&e=e5c82b6b&h=b4454066&f=y&p=y ​ Consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail may contain confidential, copyright or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. ​ SOCOTEC cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication. As the Internet is not a guaranteed secure environment, SOCOTEC cannot ensure that an e-mail is not interfered with during transmission, as such will not be held responsible for any damage from e-mail transmission. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.