[OT] ASME classes for piping, welds, pressure vessels, etc.

CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Wed, Sep 1, 2021 1:16 PM

I've been asked more and more often to look at various structures around my plant - pipe anchors, pressure vessels, welded structures, etc.  Could someone recommend some basic ASME classes to get me started on these things?  I know I've listed a rather broad swath of disciplines so getting proper education will take some time.  But what would be some good entry level classes you might recommend?

Thanks!

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
www.baesystems.com

I've been asked more and more often to look at various structures around my plant - pipe anchors, pressure vessels, welded structures, etc. Could someone recommend some basic ASME classes to get me started on these things? I know I've listed a rather broad swath of disciplines so getting proper education will take some time. But what would be some good entry level classes you might recommend? Thanks! Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com
MK
Mike Krawczyk
Wed, Sep 1, 2021 1:36 PM

Aaron - Decades ago, in another engineering life, I did a lot of pressure vessel and especially high energy piping work.  I met Chuck Becht at a few conferences.  He was (is?) very involved with ASME committees involving that type of work and came across to me as a very competent guy - enough so that his name has stuck with me all these years.  I see that his company does training in some of the areas you listed ( https://becht.com/training/ ).  I never took the training from him or his company, but for what it's worth, it may be a starting point in researching classes.

Hope this helps!

  • Mike

Mike Krawczyk ■ Staff Engineer
McCORMICK STEVENSON
ENGINEERING + DESIGN
Serving America's Heroes, as Only Engineers Can
25400 US HWY 19 N, Suite 162
Clearwater, FL 33763