Crowdsourcing - Ansys19.2 bug .solc file

BD
Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US)
Tue, Apr 4, 2023 5:18 PM

Hi All,

Yeah, maybe 19.2 classic isn't the newest version, but its what we are using.  I've seen two demonstrations of using the .solc during a run to change the convergence tolerance, the program receives the commands, echoes them back, but doesn't change anything.  I have done his many a time in v 15.

New bug?

Dan Bohlen
Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis
STAR review chairman, Cold Structures, Mounts
GE Aircraft Engines
1 Neumann Way
Evendale, OH  45215  USA

Build B90 Col. H5  cube BK35-251
M/D H358  Cell  513-917-3402

Building 200 1st floor
Col. D6  cube 1s053  3-8816

"In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming

Hi All, Yeah, maybe 19.2 classic isn't the newest version, but its what we are using. I've seen two demonstrations of using the .solc during a run to change the convergence tolerance, the program receives the commands, echoes them back, but doesn't change anything. I have done his many a time in v 15. New bug? Dan Bohlen Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis STAR review chairman, Cold Structures, Mounts GE Aircraft Engines 1 Neumann Way Evendale, OH 45215 USA Build B90 Col. H5 cube BK35-251 M/D H358 Cell 513-917-3402 Building 200 1st floor Col. D6 cube 1s053 3-8816 "In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming
JM
Joe Metrisin
Tue, Apr 4, 2023 6:15 PM

Hi Dan,

It's been years since I've run that version, but I'm pretty sure I used the
.solc command for that purpose back then.  They always say it's an
undocumented feature and use at your own risk, so who knows?

Joseph T Metrisin
Structures Lead

Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc a KRATOS Company
1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA
+1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile
Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com

We are hiring; Join the FTT Team in Jupiter, Florida
Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com

Confidentiality Note:
The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are
proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you received this communication in error, please delete the message and
immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

Hi All,

Yeah, maybe 19.2 classic isn't the newest version, but its what we are
using.  I've seen two demonstrations of using the .solc during a run to
change the convergence tolerance, the program receives the commands, echoes
them back, but doesn't change anything.  I have done his many a time in v
15.

New bug?

Dan Bohlen
Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis
STAR review chairman, Cold Structures, Mounts GE Aircraft Engines
1 Neumann Way
Evendale, OH  45215  USA

Build B90 Col. H5  cube BK35-251
M/D H358  Cell  513-917-3402

Building 200 1st floor
Col. D6  cube 1s053  3-8816

"In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming

email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many
emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode
which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to
xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Hi Dan, It's been years since I've run that version, but I'm pretty sure I used the .solc command for that purpose back then. They always say it's an undocumented feature and use at your own risk, so who knows? Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc a KRATOS Company 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com We are hiring; Join the FTT Team in Jupiter, Florida Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) <dan.bohlen@ge.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 1:19 PM Cc: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [External] - [Xansys] Crowdsourcing - Ansys19.2 bug .solc file CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Hi All, Yeah, maybe 19.2 classic isn't the newest version, but its what we are using. I've seen two demonstrations of using the .solc during a run to change the convergence tolerance, the program receives the commands, echoes them back, but doesn't change anything. I have done his many a time in v 15. New bug? Dan Bohlen Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis STAR review chairman, Cold Structures, Mounts GE Aircraft Engines 1 Neumann Way Evendale, OH 45215 USA Build B90 Col. H5 cube BK35-251 M/D H358 Cell 513-917-3402 Building 200 1st floor Col. D6 cube 1s053 3-8816 "In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
BD
Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US)
Tue, Apr 4, 2023 6:25 PM

Got the answer from a Principal Engrg here.

The .solc doesn't seem to work with the first substep.    Other inputs say then is odd behavior on later substeps.  This is ansys 17.2-19.5.

Yeah, maybe 19.2 classic isn't the newest version, but its what we are using.  I've seen two demonstrations of using the .solc during a run to change the convergence tolerance, the program receives the commands, echoes them back, but doesn't change anything.  I have done his many a time in v 15.

New bug?

Dan Bohlen
Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis
STAR review chairman, Cold Structures, Mounts
GE Aircraft Engines
1 Neumann Way
Evendale, OH  45215  USA

Build B90 Col. H5  cube BK35-251
M/D H358  Cell  513-917-3402

Building 200 1st floor
Col. D6  cube 1s053  3-8816

"In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming

Got the answer from a Principal Engrg here. The .solc doesn't seem to work with the first substep. Other inputs say then is odd behavior on later substeps. This is ansys 17.2-19.5. From: Bohlen, Dan (GE Aerospace, US) <dan.bohlen@ge.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 1:19 PM Cc: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: Crowdsourcing - Ansys19.2 bug .solc file Hi All, Yeah, maybe 19.2 classic isn't the newest version, but its what we are using. I've seen two demonstrations of using the .solc during a run to change the convergence tolerance, the program receives the commands, echoes them back, but doesn't change anything. I have done his many a time in v 15. New bug? Dan Bohlen Senior Engineer, Stress Analysis STAR review chairman, Cold Structures, Mounts GE Aircraft Engines 1 Neumann Way Evendale, OH 45215 USA Build B90 Col. H5 cube BK35-251 M/D H358 Cell 513-917-3402 Building 200 1st floor Col. D6 cube 1s053 3-8816 "In God we trust, all others bring data." W Edwards Deming