ADAMS MNF creation problem

PJ
Patterson, James
Fri, Feb 10, 2023 3:59 PM

Hi,

I'm using classic ANSYS to create a Model Neutral File (.mnf) for use as a flex body in ADAMS.  On occasion, I get the following message during the creation process...

*** ERROR ***
The number of modes expected (16) does not match the number found (15).
Most likely, the model has errors or there were more modes requested
than exist.  Please review the prior modal solution for warnings.

Today, this was generated when I doubled the mesh size of a simple model to study mesh sensitivity.  Original model ran fine with no errors and expected results for mass and frequency.  Anybody seen this before?

Thanks,

Jim

[cid:image001.png@01D93D3E.C089BFE0]
James J. Patterson, PhD.
Principal Vehicle Systems Engineer
Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems
2070 Industrial Place S.E.  Canton, OH 44707
ph. 330 489 0095  |  fax 330 489 1961
jpatterson@hendrickson-intl.commailto:jpatterson@hendrickson-intl.com
www.hendrickson-intl.com

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.

[...]
TR
Testi Riccardo
Thu, Feb 16, 2023 9:25 AM

Dear Mr. Patterson,
you might try to switch between different ways to connect the interface nodes to the model: spiderwebs and remote displacements. If you use the latter, make sure is has rigid behavior.
A single plane should not contain all the he nodes which are connected to an interface node, especially when you have a solid mesh.

Best regards
Riccardo Testi

Development and Strategies
2 Wheeler Engines Technical Centre
Piaggio & C. S.p.A
Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 25
56025 Pontedera (Pisa) - ITALY
Phone:  +39 0587 272850
Fax:        +39 0587 272010
Mobile: +39 339 7241918
CAUTION:This email originated from outside the Piaggio Group. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hendrickson-intl.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=7eddabab&f=y&p=y

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.

Dear Mr. Patterson, you might try to switch between different ways to connect the interface nodes to the model: spiderwebs and remote displacements. If you use the latter, make sure is has rigid behavior. A single plane should not contain all the he nodes which are connected to an interface node, especially when you have a solid mesh. Best regards Riccardo Testi --- Development and Strategies 2 Wheeler Engines Technical Centre Piaggio & C. S.p.A Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 25 56025 Pontedera (Pisa) - ITALY Phone: +39 0587 272850 Fax: +39 0587 272010 Mobile: +39 339 7241918 E-mail: riccardo.testi@piaggio.com -----Original Message----- From: Patterson, James <jpatterson@hendrickson-intl.com> Sent: venerdì 10 febbraio 2023 17:00 To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [Xansys] ADAMS MNF creation problem CAUTION:This email originated from outside the Piaggio Group. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Hi, I'm using classic ANSYS to create a Model Neutral File (.mnf) for use as a flex body in ADAMS. On occasion, I get the following message during the creation process... *** ERROR *** The number of modes expected (16) does not match the number found (15). Most likely, the model has errors or there were more modes requested than exist. Please review the prior modal solution for warnings. Today, this was generated when I doubled the mesh size of a simple model to study mesh sensitivity. Original model ran fine with no errors and expected results for mass and frequency. Anybody seen this before? Thanks, Jim [cid:image001.png@01D93D3E.C089BFE0] James J. Patterson, PhD. Principal Vehicle Systems Engineer Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems 2070 Industrial Place S.E. Canton, OH 44707 ph. 330 489 0095 | fax 330 489 1961 jpatterson@hendrickson-intl.com<mailto:jpatterson@hendrickson-intl.com> https://urlsand.esvalabs.com/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hendrickson-intl.com&e=e5c82b6b&h=7eddabab&f=y&p=y The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author.