- to launch Workbench with desired licence

CL
Castelnuovo Luca
Thu, Feb 3, 2022 10:16 AM

Dear all,

we have some different licence types available (e.g. enterprise, pre-post), which one is selected when Ansys starts is then governed by the Ansys tool "licence preferences" (our typical default is 1st enterprise, then pre-post).

I wonder if it is possible to launch Workbench directly selecting a desired licence, e.g. pre-post, without opening the ansys tool, change the order (then change it back to "default") every time.

thanks
ciao
Luca

Luca Castelnuovo

phone: 0039 02 442 34928
luca.castelnuovo@saipem.com

Saipem S.p.A.
Offshore Engineering, Structural Dept.
67, via Martiri di Cefalonia
20097 San Donato Milanese (MI)
ITALY

Dear all, we have some different licence types available (e.g. enterprise, pre-post), which one is selected when Ansys starts is then governed by the Ansys tool "licence preferences" (our typical default is 1st enterprise, then pre-post). I wonder if it is possible to launch Workbench directly selecting a desired licence, e.g. pre-post, without opening the ansys tool, change the order (then change it back to "default") every time. thanks ciao Luca ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Luca Castelnuovo   phone: 0039 02 442 34928 luca.castelnuovo@saipem.com Saipem S.p.A. Offshore Engineering, Structural Dept. 67, via Martiri di Cefalonia 20097 San Donato Milanese (MI) ITALY
SM
Sagues Mitjana Carles
Thu, Feb 3, 2022 12:21 PM

Hi Luca,

If you select the Model on a for example Static Structural analysis bloc and RMB>Properties, you can chose the License you want to use.
By default is set to Use License Preference.

Hope that helps!

Carles SAGUÉS MITJANA

BOBST
BU Sheet Fed R&D Support
Numerical Simulation Expert & Material Adviser

Bobst Mex SA
PO Box, CH-1001 Lausanne

we have some different licence types available (e.g. enterprise, pre-post), which one is selected when Ansys starts is then governed by the Ansys tool "licence preferences" (our typical default is 1st enterprise, then pre-post).

I wonder if it is possible to launch Workbench directly selecting a desired licence, e.g. pre-post, without opening the ansys tool, change the order (then change it back to "default") every time.

thanks
ciao
Luca

Luca Castelnuovo

phone: 0039 02 442 34928
luca.castelnuovo@saipem.com

Saipem S.p.A.
Offshore Engineering, Structural Dept.
67, via Martiri di Cefalonia
20097 San Donato Milanese (MI)
ITALY

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

LinkedIn<https://www.bobst.com/linkedin> - Facebook<https://www.bobst.com/facebook> - Twitter<https://www.bobst.com/twitter> - YouTube<https://www.bobst.com/youtube>

This message and any attachments (the message) are intended solely for the addressees and are confidential. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination, copying or disclosure, either whole or partial is prohibited without prior formal approval. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of the message. The companies of Bobst Group do not accept any liability for data corruption, delay, interception or any modification in relation with this message.

Hi Luca, If you select the Model on a for example Static Structural analysis bloc and RMB>Properties, you can chose the License you want to use. By default is set to Use License Preference. Hope that helps! Carles SAGUÉS MITJANA BOBST BU Sheet Fed R&D Support Numerical Simulation Expert & Material Adviser Bobst Mex SA PO Box, CH-1001 Lausanne -----Original Message----- From: Castelnuovo Luca via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: jeudi 3 février 2022 11:16 To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Castelnuovo Luca <Luca.Castelnuovo@saipem.com> Subject: [Xansys] - to launch Workbench with desired licence Dear all, we have some different licence types available (e.g. enterprise, pre-post), which one is selected when Ansys starts is then governed by the Ansys tool "licence preferences" (our typical default is 1st enterprise, then pre-post). I wonder if it is possible to launch Workbench directly selecting a desired licence, e.g. pre-post, without opening the ansys tool, change the order (then change it back to "default") every time. thanks ciao Luca ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Luca Castelnuovo phone: 0039 02 442 34928 luca.castelnuovo@saipem.com Saipem S.p.A. Offshore Engineering, Structural Dept. 67, via Martiri di Cefalonia 20097 San Donato Milanese (MI) ITALY _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list ________________________________ LinkedIn<https://www.bobst.com/linkedin> - Facebook<https://www.bobst.com/facebook> - Twitter<https://www.bobst.com/twitter> - YouTube<https://www.bobst.com/youtube> ________________________________ This message and any attachments (the message) are intended solely for the addressees and are confidential. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination, copying or disclosure, either whole or partial is prohibited without prior formal approval. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of the message. The companies of Bobst Group do not accept any liability for data corruption, delay, interception or any modification in relation with this message. ________________________________