Ansys Workbench to Ansys APDL

cicero729@gmail.com
Wed, Apr 24, 2024 2:05 PM

Hello Everyone!

I’m still learning how work with Ansys, how can I transfer my meshed molde form Ansys Workbench to Ansys APDL?

Hello Everyone! I’m still learning how work with Ansys, how can I transfer my meshed molde form Ansys Workbench to Ansys APDL?
IG
Iker Gomez
Wed, Apr 24, 2024 2:30 PM

You can find a Write Input file button. Then import ("read input from") the
ascii generated (.dat) file from Ansys APDL

El mié, 24 de abr de 2024, 08:08, cicero729--- via Xansys <
xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> escribió:

Hello Everyone!

I’m still learning how work with Ansys, how can I transfer my meshed molde
form Ansys Workbench to Ansys APDL?

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing
account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to
xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

You can find a Write Input file button. Then import ("read input from") the ascii generated (.dat) file from Ansys APDL El mié, 24 de abr de 2024, 08:08, cicero729--- via Xansys < xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> escribió: > Hello Everyone! > > I’m still learning how work with Ansys, how can I transfer my meshed molde > form Ansys Workbench to Ansys APDL? > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing > account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to > xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
MR
Matthew Ridzon
Wed, Apr 24, 2024 2:33 PM

Hello!  You need to drag-n-drop the Mechanical APDL system from the Workbench toolbox onto the Model, Setup, or Solution cell of your Workbench system.  The link below will explain what is transferred to APDL for each of those options.  This will enable you to work in APDL.  Note that only FE entities transfer.  No CAD transfers at all.  So if you intend to do CAD work in APDL (nowadays, I’m not sure who would want to do that), this approach will not work for you.

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/wb2_help/wb2h_ANSYSapp.html

Alternatively, you can output a DB and RST from your Workbench system.  Once you find them in the project folder, you can copy them to your Desktop and load them into APDL via the Product Launcher.  This method has you completely separated from Workbench.  (note:  Workbench does not save APDL DB by default.  To get DB, you need to go to Analysis Settings > Analysis Data Management > Save MAPDL DB = YES)

—Matt

I’m still learning how work with Ansys, how can I transfer my meshed molde form Ansys Workbench to Ansys APDL?

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Hello! You need to drag-n-drop the Mechanical APDL system from the Workbench toolbox onto the Model, Setup, or Solution cell of your Workbench system. The link below will explain what is transferred to APDL for each of those options. This will enable you to work in APDL. Note that only FE entities transfer. No CAD transfers at all. So if you intend to do CAD work in APDL (nowadays, I’m not sure who would want to do that), this approach will not work for you. https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/wb2_help/wb2h_ANSYSapp.html Alternatively, you can output a DB and RST from your Workbench system. Once you find them in the project folder, you can copy them to your Desktop and load them into APDL via the Product Launcher. This method has you completely separated from Workbench. (note: Workbench does not save APDL DB by default. To get DB, you need to go to Analysis Settings > Analysis Data Management > Save MAPDL DB = YES) —Matt -----Original Message----- From: cicero729--- via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: April 24, 2024 10:05 AM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Cc: cicero729@gmail.com Subject: [Xansys] Ansys Workbench to Ansys APDL Hello Everyone! I’m still learning how work with Ansys, how can I transfer my meshed molde form Ansys Workbench to Ansys APDL? _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
cicero729@gmail.com
Mon, Apr 29, 2024 4:53 PM

Thank you Guys!!

Thank you Guys!!