Getting APDl Results(Stress /Strains) for non-converged solution

MM
martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de
Wed, Apr 6, 2022 1:54 PM

Dear all,

a little question regarding results for unconverged solution (Nonlinear
Static).

My solution breaks at about 70% load, what is ok for me, because I want to
find the point of “yield hinge”.

But my question is, how do I force Ansys to write all results
(Stress/Strains) for the last converged substep?

At this moment I have only the deformation output, but no other
element/nodal output.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

M. Eng. Martin Mazurowski

Hauptstrasse 9

D-86637 Wertingen

FON: 08272 9952-29

MOBIL: +49 157 581 577 83

FAX: 08272 9952-99

Mail:  mailto:martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de
martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de

Web:  http://www.drehmoment.de/ www.drehmoment.de

Geschäftsführer:

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Josef Hofer,
B.Eng. Stefan Zobel,

M.Eng. Martin Mazurowski

Handelsregister Augsburg HRB 21452

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte
Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
strictly forbidden.

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this
e-mail.

Dear all, a little question regarding results for unconverged solution (Nonlinear Static). My solution breaks at about 70% load, what is ok for me, because I want to find the point of “yield hinge”. But my question is, how do I force Ansys to write all results (Stress/Strains) for the last converged substep? At this moment I have only the deformation output, but no other element/nodal output. Thank you in advance for your help! Best regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, M. Eng. Martin Mazurowski Hauptstrasse 9 D-86637 Wertingen FON: 08272 9952-29 MOBIL: +49 157 581 577 83 FAX: 08272 9952-99 Mail: <mailto:martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de> martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de Web: <http://www.drehmoment.de/> www.drehmoment.de Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Josef Hofer, B.Eng. Stefan Zobel, M.Eng. Martin Mazurowski Handelsregister Augsburg HRB 21452 Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.
AS
Andrew Sims
Thu, Apr 7, 2022 10:27 AM

Dear Martin

How about a restart with the RSTCREATE option, use the OUTRES command to specify results. This will delete any results on the RST file if they are equal or later in time to the restart point. But as your analysis is at the end - should not be a problem for you.

The ENDSTEP option might also give you what you want and all the results you want specified if you want to continue to another step..

Long time since I have done this, but seem to remember that will work.

Andrew Sims
ResMed Pty Ltd

[...]

Caution: This email originated outside of ResMed's email system. Do not click on links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Warning:  Copyright ResMed.  Where the contents of this email and/or attachment includes materials prepared by ResMed, the use of those materials is subject exclusively to the conditions of engagement between ResMed and the intended recipient.

This communication is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. By the use of email over the Internet or other communication systems, ResMed is not waiving either confidentiality of, or legal privilege in, the content of the email and of any attachments. If the recipient of this message is not the intended addressee, please call ResMed immediately on +61 2 8884 1000 Sydney, Australia.

Dear Martin How about a restart with the RSTCREATE option, use the OUTRES command to specify results. This will delete any results on the RST file if they are equal or later in time to the restart point. But as your analysis is at the end - should not be a problem for you. The ENDSTEP option might also give you what you want and all the results you want specified if you want to continue to another step.. Long time since I have done this, but seem to remember that will work. Andrew Sims ResMed Pty Ltd -----Original Message----- From: martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de <martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de> Sent: Wednesday, 6 April 2022 11:55 PM To: 'XANSYS Mailing List Home' <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [External] [Xansys] Getting APDl Results(Stress /Strains) for non-converged solution Dear all, a little question regarding results for unconverged solution (Nonlinear Static). My solution breaks at about 70% load, what is ok for me, because I want to find the point of "yield hinge". But my question is, how do I force Ansys to write all results (Stress/Strains) for the last converged substep? At this moment I have only the deformation output, but no other element/nodal output. Thank you in advance for your help! Best regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, M. Eng. Martin Mazurowski Hauptstrasse 9 D-86637 Wertingen FON: 08272 9952-29 MOBIL: +49 157 581 577 83 FAX: 08272 9952-99 Mail: <mailto:martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de> martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de Web: <http://www.drehmoment.de/> www.drehmoment.de Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Josef Hofer, B.Eng. Stefan Zobel, M.Eng. Martin Mazurowski Handelsregister Augsburg HRB 21452 Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail. Caution: This email originated outside of ResMed's email system. Do not click on links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Warning: Copyright ResMed. Where the contents of this email and/or attachment includes materials prepared by ResMed, the use of those materials is subject exclusively to the conditions of engagement between ResMed and the intended recipient. This communication is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. By the use of email over the Internet or other communication systems, ResMed is not waiving either confidentiality of, or legal privilege in, the content of the email and of any attachments. If the recipient of this message is not the intended addressee, please call ResMed immediately on +61 2 8884 1000 Sydney, Australia.
cameljoe@optonline.net
Thu, Apr 7, 2022 11:59 AM

Martin,

If you are using APDL, look at the OUTRES command. If you are using
Mechanical, look at the output sub-section of analysis settings.

Tom Caltabellotta
Senior Mechanical Engineer
CACI Inc.

Martin, If you are using APDL, look at the OUTRES command. If you are using Mechanical, look at the output sub-section of analysis settings. Tom Caltabellotta Senior Mechanical Engineer CACI Inc. -----Original Message----- From: martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de <martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de> Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 9:55 AM To: 'XANSYS Mailing List Home' <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Getting APDl Results(Stress /Strains) for non-converged solution Dear all, a little question regarding results for unconverged solution (Nonlinear Static). My solution breaks at about 70% load, what is ok for me, because I want to find the point of “yield hinge”. But my question is, how do I force Ansys to write all results (Stress/Strains) for the last converged substep? At this moment I have only the deformation output, but no other element/nodal output. Thank you in advance for your help! Best regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, M. Eng. Martin Mazurowski Hauptstrasse 9 D-86637 Wertingen FON: 08272 9952-29 MOBIL: +49 157 581 577 83 FAX: 08272 9952-99 Mail: <mailto:martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de> martin.mazurowski@drehmoment.de Web: <http://www.drehmoment.de/> www.drehmoment.de Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Josef Hofer, B.Eng. Stefan Zobel, M.Eng. Martin Mazurowski Handelsregister Augsburg HRB 21452 Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.