[Mechanical] Display applied pressure value on plots

CA
Caba, Aaron C (US)
Mon, Nov 6, 2023 10:58 PM

I have an Explicit Dynamic model in Mechanical where I apply a pressure load with a table as a function of time.  As I post-process the result I'm looking at contour plots of, e.g., the displacements at different times and I would like to know what the pressure load is at that current display time.  Right now I have to click over to Excel and enter my time where it interpolates into my P-t curve, then go back to Mechanical and figure out what I'm looking at.  Is there a way to show the pressure on the displacement result as a text box or something?

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
www.baesystems.com

I have an Explicit Dynamic model in Mechanical where I apply a pressure load with a table as a function of time. As I post-process the result I'm looking at contour plots of, e.g., the displacements at different times and I would like to know what the pressure load is at that current display time. Right now I have to click over to Excel and enter my time where it interpolates into my P-t curve, then go back to Mechanical and figure out what I'm looking at. Is there a way to show the pressure on the displacement result as a text box or something? Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com
MP
Matthew Pausley
Tue, Nov 7, 2023 12:33 PM

I’m curious what would happen if you control-selected the pressure load, the displacement object, and then selected Chart. Probably nothing unfortunately, but it’s where I would start

Matt Pausley
Staff Device Engineer
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

I have an Explicit Dynamic model in Mechanical where I apply a pressure load with a table as a function of time.  As I post-process the result I'm looking at contour plots of, e.g., the displacements at different times and I would like to know what the pressure load is at that current display time.  Right now I have to click over to Excel and enter my time where it interpolates into my P-t curve, then go back to Mechanical and figure out what I'm looking at.  Is there a way to show the pressure on the displacement result as a text box or something?

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc.
4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
https://urldefense.com/v3/http://www.baesystems.com;!!ODpDvJZr5w!Dg29otEH3--ujNDtN-L0yVzNBzWswIUX_Mqn0jpwVq89TgwLTRMXVPuhcqHiOErv-gN4h74LUnO6GvfCor5CoWdcbRnDnEkaXA$

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any third party.

I’m curious what would happen if you control-selected the pressure load, the displacement object, and then selected Chart. Probably nothing unfortunately, but it’s where I would start Matt Pausley Staff Device Engineer Regeneron Pharmaceuticals ________________________________ From: Caba, Aaron C (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Monday, November 6, 2023 5:58:45 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron C (US) <aaron.caba@baesystems.com> Subject: [External] [Xansys] [Mechanical] Display applied pressure value on plots EXTERNAL MESSAGE _________________________________________________________________ EXTERNAL MESSAGE I have an Explicit Dynamic model in Mechanical where I apply a pressure load with a table as a function of time. As I post-process the result I'm looking at contour plots of, e.g., the displacements at different times and I would like to know what the pressure load is at that current display time. Right now I have to click over to Excel and enter my time where it interpolates into my P-t curve, then go back to Mechanical and figure out what I'm looking at. Is there a way to show the pressure on the displacement result as a text box or something? Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.baesystems.com__;!!ODpDvJZr5w!Dg29otEH3--ujNDtN-L0yVzNBzWswIUX_Mqn0jpwVq89TgwLTRMXVPuhcqHiOErv-gN4h74LUnO6GvfCor5CoWdcbRnDnEkaXA$ _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list ******************************************************************** This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any third party. ********************************************************************
CA
Caba, Aaron C (US)
Tue, Nov 7, 2023 3:24 PM

Matt,

Control-clicking the pressure BC and the Result gets me a table of the pressures at all the time steps, so that's a step in the right direction.

Aaron

https://urldefense.com/v3/http://www.baesystems.com;!!ODpDvJZr5w!Dg29otEH3--ujNDtN-L0yVzNBzWswIUX_Mqn0jpwVq89TgwLTRMXVPuhcqHiOErv-gN4h74LUnO6GvfCor5CoWdcbRnDnEkaXA$https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.baesystems.com__;!!ODpDvJZr5w!Dg29otEH3--ujNDtN-L0yVzNBzWswIUX_Mqn0jpwVq89TgwLTRMXVPuhcqHiOErv-gN4h74LUnO6GvfCor5CoWdcbRnDnEkaXA$

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.ukmailto:xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Matt, Control-clicking the pressure BC and the Result gets me a table of the pressures at all the time steps, so that's a step in the right direction. Aaron From: Matthew Pausley <matthew.pausley@regeneron.com> Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 7:33 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron C (US) <aaron.caba@baesystems.com> Subject: Re: [Mechanical] Display applied pressure value on plots External Email Alert This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network. Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros. For further information on how to spot phishing, access "Cybersecurity OneSpace Page" and report phishing by clicking the button "Report Phishing" on the Outlook toolbar. I'm curious what would happen if you control-selected the pressure load, the displacement object, and then selected Chart. Probably nothing unfortunately, but it's where I would start Matt Pausley Staff Device Engineer Regeneron Pharmaceuticals ________________________________ From: Caba, Aaron C (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp@list.xansys.org>> Sent: Monday, November 6, 2023 5:58:45 PM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp@list.xansys.org>> Cc: Caba, Aaron C (US) <aaron.caba@baesystems.com<mailto:aaron.caba@baesystems.com>> Subject: [External] [Xansys] [Mechanical] Display applied pressure value on plots EXTERNAL MESSAGE _________________________________________________________________ EXTERNAL MESSAGE I have an Explicit Dynamic model in Mechanical where I apply a pressure load with a table as a function of time. As I post-process the result I'm looking at contour plots of, e.g., the displacements at different times and I would like to know what the pressure load is at that current display time. Right now I have to click over to Excel and enter my time where it interpolates into my P-t curve, then go back to Mechanical and figure out what I'm looking at. Is there a way to show the pressure on the displacement result as a text box or something? Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer BAE Systems, Inc. 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.baesystems.com__;!!ODpDvJZr5w!Dg29otEH3--ujNDtN-L0yVzNBzWswIUX_Mqn0jpwVq89TgwLTRMXVPuhcqHiOErv-gN4h74LUnO6GvfCor5CoWdcbRnDnEkaXA$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.baesystems.com__;!!ODpDvJZr5w!Dg29otEH3--ujNDtN-L0yVzNBzWswIUX_Mqn0jpwVq89TgwLTRMXVPuhcqHiOErv-gN4h74LUnO6GvfCor5CoWdcbRnDnEkaXA$> _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org<mailto:xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org> If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk<mailto:xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk> and not to the list ******************************************************************** This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me by return electronic mail and permanently delete this email and any attachment hereto, any copy of this e-mail and of any such attachment, and any printout thereof. Finally, please note that only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any third party. ********************************************************************