[WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points

CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Fri, Sep 3, 2021 3:17 PM

I am simulating a piping attachment detail under several different load cases.  I am using the parameters in WB to feed the different load cases to Mechanical and pick out stress and displacement results, and all that is working well.

I would also like to output stress plot(s) from each design point.  Is this possible to do through the Mechanical/WB/Parameter GUI?  Nothing fancy, just saving a .jpg of the stress plot.  I have tried inserting a Figure object under my stress plot but it doesn't have an option to export the plot to a file.

Alternately,  I can put in a command snip to grab my image and save it to a file with some APDL.  But then I have to manually manage all the files, locations, names, etc.  I've done this before but would like to know if there is an easier way to get what I want.

Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D.
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer II
BAE Systems, Inc. | Ordnance Systems, Inc.

Office: +1 540 639 7086  |  Mobile: +1 540 230 3906  |  E-mail: aaron.caba@baesystems.com | Mail:  4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100
www.baesystems.com

[...]
AR
Alfieri, Richard
Tue, Sep 7, 2021 2:36 PM

I have done this before using a Results Cell.  I see this option is now missing in V2021 though.

Link the Structural Solution Cell to a Results Cell. In the Results Cell Properties, check Publish Report.  Open the results cell and create the plots you are interested in then add the image a figure to put it in the report.

I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this.

As I mentioned, the option to add a results cell appears to be missing in the 2021 versions.  It is now exclusive to fluids results.

Rich Alfieri
Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer
Core Technology Research
Philips

Caution: This e-mail originated from outside of Philips, be careful for phishing.

[...]

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baesystems.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C849114e546a34067e38508d96eee3bba%7C1a407a2d76754d178692b3ac285306e4%7C0%7C0%7C637662791753048109%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=e1XNmGXbSpuLmHNsEPtod4LJuDbINyEkAusnvkTACK8%3D&reserved=0

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

I have done this before using a Results Cell. I see this option is now missing in V2021 though. Link the Structural Solution Cell to a Results Cell. In the Results Cell Properties, check Publish Report. Open the results cell and create the plots you are interested in then add the image a figure to put it in the report. I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this. As I mentioned, the option to add a results cell appears to be missing in the 2021 versions. It is now exclusive to fluids results. Rich Alfieri Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer Core Technology Research Philips -----Original Message----- From: Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Friday, September 3, 2021 11:18 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron (US) <Aaron.Caba@baesystems.com> Subject: [Xansys] [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points Caution: This e-mail originated from outside of Philips, be careful for phishing. I am simulating a piping attachment detail under several different load cases. I am using the parameters in WB to feed the different load cases to Mechanical and pick out stress and displacement results, and all that is working well. I would also like to output stress plot(s) from each design point. Is this possible to do through the Mechanical/WB/Parameter GUI? Nothing fancy, just saving a .jpg of the stress plot. I have tried inserting a Figure object under my stress plot but it doesn't have an option to export the plot to a file. Alternately, I can put in a command snip to grab my image and save it to a file with some APDL. But then I have to manually manage all the files, locations, names, etc. I've done this before but would like to know if there is an easier way to get what I want. Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer II BAE Systems, Inc. | Ordnance Systems, Inc. Office: +1 540 639 7086 | Mobile: +1 540 230 3906 | E-mail: aaron.caba@baesystems.com | Mail: 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baesystems.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C849114e546a34067e38508d96eee3bba%7C1a407a2d76754d178692b3ac285306e4%7C0%7C0%7C637662791753048109%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=e1XNmGXbSpuLmHNsEPtod4LJuDbINyEkAusnvkTACK8%3D&amp;reserved=0 _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list ________________________________ The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
AR
Alfieri, Richard
Tue, Sep 7, 2021 2:39 PM

I have done this before using a Results Cell.  I see this option is now missing in V2021 though.

Link the Structural Solution Cell to a Results Cell. In the Results Cell Properties, check Publish Report.  Open the results cell and create the plots you are interested in then add the image a figure to put it in the report.

I'll post another reply with figures, but not sure that will go through.

[...]

I have done this before using a Results Cell. I see this option is now missing in V2021 though. Link the Structural Solution Cell to a Results Cell. In the Results Cell Properties, check Publish Report. Open the results cell and create the plots you are interested in then add the image a figure to put it in the report. I'll post another reply with figures, but not sure that will go through. As I mentioned, the option to add a results cell appears to be missing in the 2021 versions. It is now exclusive to fluids results. Rich Alfieri Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer Core Technology Research Philips -----Original Message----- From: Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Friday, September 3, 2021 11:18 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron (US) <Aaron.Caba@baesystems.com> Subject: [Xansys] [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points Caution: This e-mail originated from outside of Philips, be careful for phishing. I am simulating a piping attachment detail under several different load cases. I am using the parameters in WB to feed the different load cases to Mechanical and pick out stress and displacement results, and all that is working well. I would also like to output stress plot(s) from each design point. Is this possible to do through the Mechanical/WB/Parameter GUI? Nothing fancy, just saving a .jpg of the stress plot. I have tried inserting a Figure object under my stress plot but it doesn't have an option to export the plot to a file. Alternately, I can put in a command snip to grab my image and save it to a file with some APDL. But then I have to manually manage all the files, locations, names, etc. I've done this before but would like to know if there is an easier way to get what I want. Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer II BAE Systems, Inc. | Ordnance Systems, Inc. Office: +1 540 639 7086 | Mobile: +1 540 230 3906 | E-mail: aaron.caba@baesystems.com | Mail: 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baesystems.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C849114e546a34067e38508d96eee3bba%7C1a407a2d76754d178692b3ac285306e4%7C0%7C0%7C637662791753048109%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=e1XNmGXbSpuLmHNsEPtod4LJuDbINyEkAusnvkTACK8%3D&amp;reserved=0 _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list ________________________________ The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
JZ
Jiaping Zhang
Tue, Sep 7, 2021 3:34 PM

Hi Aaron,

Seems to me it would not be difficult to check "Arg1" in a "command object", and in parameter page set Arg1 the same value as your design point(like "0","1","2"...).
In your APDL command your Arg1 value can be used in the naming of your file.

Jiaping Zhang
Staff Engineer
Qualcomm Technologies

[...]

Hi Aaron, Seems to me it would not be difficult to check "Arg1" in a "command object", and in parameter page set Arg1 the same value as your design point(like "0","1","2"...). In your APDL command your Arg1 value can be used in the naming of your file. Jiaping Zhang Staff Engineer Qualcomm Technologies -----Original Message----- From: Alfieri, Richard via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 7:39 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Alfieri, Richard <rich.alfieri@philips.com> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points WARNING: This email originated from outside of Qualcomm. Please be wary of any links or attachments, and do not enable macros. I have done this before using a Results Cell. I see this option is now missing in V2021 though. Link the Structural Solution Cell to a Results Cell. In the Results Cell Properties, check Publish Report. Open the results cell and create the plots you are interested in then add the image a figure to put it in the report. I'll post another reply with figures, but not sure that will go through. As I mentioned, the option to add a results cell appears to be missing in the 2021 versions. It is now exclusive to fluids results. Rich Alfieri Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer Core Technology Research Philips -----Original Message----- From: Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Friday, September 3, 2021 11:18 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron (US) <Aaron.Caba@baesystems.com> Subject: [Xansys] [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points Caution: This e-mail originated from outside of Philips, be careful for phishing. I am simulating a piping attachment detail under several different load cases. I am using the parameters in WB to feed the different load cases to Mechanical and pick out stress and displacement results, and all that is working well. I would also like to output stress plot(s) from each design point. Is this possible to do through the Mechanical/WB/Parameter GUI? Nothing fancy, just saving a .jpg of the stress plot. I have tried inserting a Figure object under my stress plot but it doesn't have an option to export the plot to a file. Alternately, I can put in a command snip to grab my image and save it to a file with some APDL. But then I have to manually manage all the files, locations, names, etc. I've done this before but would like to know if there is an easier way to get what I want. Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer II BAE Systems, Inc. | Ordnance Systems, Inc. Office: +1 540 639 7086 | Mobile: +1 540 230 3906 | E-mail: aaron.caba@baesystems.com | Mail: 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baesystems.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C849114e546a34067e38508d96eee3bba%7C1a407a2d76754d178692b3ac285306e4%7C0%7C0%7C637662791753048109%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=e1XNmGXbSpuLmHNsEPtod4LJuDbINyEkAusnvkTACK8%3D&amp;reserved=0 _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list ________________________________ The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
ML
Martin Liddle
Tue, Sep 7, 2021 5:20 PM

On 07/09/2021 15:36, Alfieri, Richard via Xansys wrote:

I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this.

Since XANSYS was moved from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 software the limits
for images are significantly larger.  The images are held on the server
and links inserted into the message.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, can I ask how many people are now reading
XANSYS using a web browser connected to the server rather than receiving
messages via email?

--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services,
Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.

On 07/09/2021 15:36, Alfieri, Richard via Xansys wrote: > > I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this. > Since XANSYS was moved from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 software the limits for images are significantly larger. The images are held on the server and links inserted into the message. Just to satisfy my curiosity, can I ask how many people are now reading XANSYS using a web browser connected to the server rather than receiving messages via email? -- Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK. www.tynecomp.co.uk
Tom
Tue, Sep 7, 2021 5:37 PM

Martin,

I am currently still reading the emails.

Best regards,
Tom Caltabellotta
SR Mechanical Engineer
LGS Labs, CACI

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 7, 2021, at 1:20 PM, Martin Liddle xansys05@tynecomp.co.uk wrote:

[...]

Martin, I am currently still reading the emails. Best regards, Tom Caltabellotta SR Mechanical Engineer LGS Labs, CACI Sent from my iPhone On Sep 7, 2021, at 1:20 PM, Martin Liddle <xansys05@tynecomp.co.uk> wrote: On 07/09/2021 15:36, Alfieri, Richard via Xansys wrote: > I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this. Since XANSYS was moved from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 software the limits for images are significantly larger. The images are held on the server and links inserted into the message. Just to satisfy my curiosity, can I ask how many people are now reading XANSYS using a web browser connected to the server rather than receiving messages via email? -- Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK. www.tynecomp.co.uk _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
CA
Caba, Aaron (US)
Tue, Sep 7, 2021 9:26 PM

Rich,

That would be an easier solution.  It looks like the old CFD Post application, but I only have a Mechanical license so I can't access it to try.  I remember a few years ago they were deprecating CFD Post so maybe that's why it won't work for you anymore, but I don't know what the replacement was supposed to be.

[...]

Rich, That would be an easier solution. It looks like the old CFD Post application, but I only have a Mechanical license so I can't access it to try. I remember a few years ago they were deprecating CFD Post so maybe that's why it won't work for you anymore, but I don't know what the replacement was supposed to be. Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer II BAE Systems, Inc. | Ordnance Systems, Inc. Office: +1 540 639 7086  |  Mobile: +1 540 230 3906  |  E-mail: aaron.caba@baesystems.com | Mail: 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 www.baesystems.com -----Original Message----- From: Alfieri, Richard via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 10:39 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Alfieri, Richard <rich.alfieri@philips.com> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points External Email Alert This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network. Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros. For further information on how to spot phishing, access OSI IT Policies and report phishing by forwarding mail to phishing@baesystems.com. I have done this before using a Results Cell. I see this option is now missing in V2021 though. Link the Structural Solution Cell to a Results Cell. In the Results Cell Properties, check Publish Report. Open the results cell and create the plots you are interested in then add the image a figure to put it in the report. I'll post another reply with figures, but not sure that will go through. As I mentioned, the option to add a results cell appears to be missing in the 2021 versions. It is now exclusive to fluids results. Rich Alfieri Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer Core Technology Research Philips -----Original Message----- From: Caba, Aaron (US) via Xansys <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Sent: Friday, September 3, 2021 11:18 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Cc: Caba, Aaron (US) <Aaron.Caba@baesystems.com> Subject: [Xansys] [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points Caution: This e-mail originated from outside of Philips, be careful for phishing. I am simulating a piping attachment detail under several different load cases. I am using the parameters in WB to feed the different load cases to Mechanical and pick out stress and displacement results, and all that is working well. I would also like to output stress plot(s) from each design point. Is this possible to do through the Mechanical/WB/Parameter GUI? Nothing fancy, just saving a .jpg of the stress plot. I have tried inserting a Figure object under my stress plot but it doesn't have an option to export the plot to a file. Alternately, I can put in a command snip to grab my image and save it to a file with some APDL. But then I have to manually manage all the files, locations, names, etc. I've done this before but would like to know if there is an easier way to get what I want. Aaron C. Caba, Ph.D. Sr. Principal R&D Engineer II BAE Systems, Inc. | Ordnance Systems, Inc. Office: +1 540 639 7086 | Mobile: +1 540 230 3906 | E-mail: aaron.caba@baesystems.com | Mail: 4050 Peppers Ferry Road, Radford VA 24143-0100 https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baesystems.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C849114e546a34067e38508d96eee3bba%7C1a407a2d76754d178692b3ac285306e4%7C0%7C0%7C637662791753048109%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=e1XNmGXbSpuLmHNsEPtod4LJuDbINyEkAusnvkTACK8%3D&amp;reserved=0 _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list ________________________________ The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
MG
Martin Gemen
Wed, Sep 8, 2021 10:59 AM

Hi Martin,

I am still reading the mails ...

Best regards,

Martin Gemen
Senior Technical Specialist
MECAL Wind / Energy

T 053-4821423  ● F 053-4821401  ● M 06-34200784
PO.Box 286, 7500 AG, Capitool 15, 7521 PL, Enschede, The Netherlands, CoC 51809168,  http://www.mecal.eu

Wind / Energy
Technology | Assets & Operation | Consultancy

The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. MECAL is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.
On 07/09/2021 15:36, Alfieri, Richard via Xansys wrote:

I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this.

Since XANSYS was moved from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 software the limits for images are significantly larger.  The images are held on the server and links inserted into the message.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, can I ask how many people are now reading XANSYS using a web browser connected to the server rather than receiving messages via email?

--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.
https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tynecomp.co.uk%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cm.gemen%40mecal.eu%7C231806bea41d42280bd508d97223e235%7Cdee328fd9f8b4532817b9983e12359d5%7C0%7C0%7C637666320715074050%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=GoWREvVOH21H%2BLqXyTmVCPycwMpkPFT5e2IkCj%2BDhHA%3D&reserved=0

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Hi Martin, I am still reading the mails ... Best regards, Martin Gemen Senior Technical Specialist MECAL Wind / Energy T 053-4821423 ● F 053-4821401 ● M 06-34200784 PO.Box 286, 7500 AG, Capitool 15, 7521 PL, Enschede, The Netherlands, CoC 51809168, http://www.mecal.eu Wind / Energy Technology | Assets & Operation | Consultancy The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. MECAL is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt. -----Original Message----- From: Martin Liddle <xansys05@tynecomp.co.uk> Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 19:20 To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [Xansys] Re: [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points On 07/09/2021 15:36, Alfieri, Richard via Xansys wrote: > > I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this. > Since XANSYS was moved from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 software the limits for images are significantly larger. The images are held on the server and links inserted into the message. Just to satisfy my curiosity, can I ask how many people are now reading XANSYS using a web browser connected to the server rather than receiving messages via email? -- Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK. https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tynecomp.co.uk%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cm.gemen%40mecal.eu%7C231806bea41d42280bd508d97223e235%7Cdee328fd9f8b4532817b9983e12359d5%7C0%7C0%7C637666320715074050%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=GoWREvVOH21H%2BLqXyTmVCPycwMpkPFT5e2IkCj%2BDhHA%3D&amp;reserved=0 _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
JM
Joe Metrisin
Wed, Sep 8, 2021 11:28 AM

I still read the Emails too.  Our security software blocks links to photo sharing sites so I can't see attachments linked that way.

Joseph T Metrisin
Structures Lead

Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc
1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA
+1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile
Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com

Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com

Confidentiality Note:
The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above.

On 07/09/2021 15:36, Alfieri, Richard via Xansys wrote:

I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this.

Since XANSYS was moved from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 software the limits for images are significantly larger.  The images are held on the server and links inserted into the message.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, can I ask how many people are now reading XANSYS using a web browser connected to the server rather than receiving messages via email?

--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.
www.tynecomp.co.uk

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

I still read the Emails too. Our security software blocks links to photo sharing sites so I can't see attachments linked that way. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://kratosdefense.com Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Martin Liddle <xansys05@tynecomp.co.uk> Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 1:20 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] Re: [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. On 07/09/2021 15:36, Alfieri, Richard via Xansys wrote: > > I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this. > Since XANSYS was moved from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 software the limits for images are significantly larger. The images are held on the server and links inserted into the message. Just to satisfy my curiosity, can I ask how many people are now reading XANSYS using a web browser connected to the server rather than receiving messages via email? -- Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK. www.tynecomp.co.uk _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list
PJ
Patterson, James
Wed, Sep 8, 2021 11:38 AM

Still email for me...

Thanks,

Jim

James J. Patterson, PhD.
Principal Vehicle Systems Engineer
Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems
2070 Industrial Place S.E.  Canton, OH 44707
ph. 330 489 0095  |   fax 330 489 1961
jpatterson@hendrickson-intl.com
www.hendrickson-intl.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The contents of this message and the attachments are confidential and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately delete it without reading it and without further distribution or disclosure.  Any further distribution of this message to others is subject to this Confidentiality Notice and/or any confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure agreement in effect that covers the information contained in the message and any attachments.

Visit our website: https://urldefense.com/v3/https://kratosdefense.com;!!HXcklc0VomgEZw!vEu6X8yU9_5DxPBLyxPhHwLMrQ3GQjPdUHIcy0upFjGTj1-UFL3_q2IRKXgu-RceZVa1UMvq$

https://urldefense.com/v3/http://www.tynecomp.co.uk;!!HXcklc0VomgEZw!vEu6X8yU9_5DxPBLyxPhHwLMrQ3GQjPdUHIcy0upFjGTj1-UFL3_q2IRKXgu-RceZT0mgtME$

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list _______________________________________________

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

Still email for me... Thanks, Jim James J. Patterson, PhD. Principal Vehicle Systems Engineer Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems 2070 Industrial Place S.E.  Canton, OH 44707   ph. 330 489 0095  |   fax 330 489 1961 jpatterson@hendrickson-intl.com www.hendrickson-intl.com CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The contents of this message and the attachments are confidential and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately delete it without reading it and without further distribution or disclosure.  Any further distribution of this message to others is subject to this Confidentiality Notice and/or any confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure agreement in effect that covers the information contained in the message and any attachments. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Metrisin <Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com> Sent: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 7:28 AM To: XANSYS Mailing List Home <xansys-temp@list.xansys.org> Subject: [Xansys] Re: [External] - Re: [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points I still read the Emails too. Our security software blocks links to photo sharing sites so I can't see attachments linked that way. Joseph T Metrisin Structures Lead Florida Turbine Technologies, Inc 1701 Military Tr. Suite 110 | Jupiter, FL 33458 USA +1 (561) 427-6346 Office | +1 (772) 834-4156 Mobile Joe.Metrisin@kratosdefense.com Visit our website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://kratosdefense.com__;!!HXcklc0VomgEZw!vEu6X8yU9_5DxPBLyxPhHwLMrQ3GQjPdUHIcy0upFjGTj1-UFL3_q2IRKXgu-RceZVa1UMvq$ Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this transmission and any attachments are proprietary and may be privileged, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please delete the message and immediately notify the sender via the contact information listed above. -----Original Message----- From: Martin Liddle <xansys05@tynecomp.co.uk> Sent: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 1:20 PM To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [External] - [Xansys] Re: [WB] [Mechanical] Export a stress plot when using design points CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. On 07/09/2021 15:36, Alfieri, Richard via Xansys wrote: > > I added a couple of screenshots, but not sure if they will post with this. > Since XANSYS was moved from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 software the limits for images are significantly larger. The images are held on the server and links inserted into the message. Just to satisfy my curiosity, can I ask how many people are now reading XANSYS using a web browser connected to the server rather than receiving messages via email? -- Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK. https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.tynecomp.co.uk__;!!HXcklc0VomgEZw!vEu6X8yU9_5DxPBLyxPhHwLMrQ3GQjPdUHIcy0upFjGTj1-UFL3_q2IRKXgu-RceZT0mgtME$ _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list