Creation of Sinusoidal Geometry in ANSYS APDL

AR
Arsalaan Reyaz
Tue, Sep 12, 2023 2:54 PM

Dear XANSYS community,

I am an undergraduate student in the final year of my program, and I am
currently working on a project that involves using ANSYS APDL. I need to
create a sinusoidal geometry within ANSYS APDL, but as a novice user of the
software, I am not aware of any built-in functions or features that
directly facilitate the generation of such a geometry. I am primarily
focused on achieving the required resolution for the sinusoidal wave while
minimizing the need to define an excessive number of key points.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance, best practices, or recommended
techniques that could help me achieve this objective more efficiently.

Thank you,

Arsalaan Reyaz
Undergraduate student, N.I.T Srinagar, India

--

This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.****

The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity
intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or
forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in
error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any
copies of this message from your computer system.

[...]
MG
Mohammad Gharaibeh
Tue, Sep 12, 2023 3:19 PM

Maybe you need to dig in LARC and /LARC commands. Above commands with the
classical L command should get you there.

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023, Arsalaan Reyaz <
arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in> wrote:

[...]

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing
account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to
xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

--

---====
Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D.

---====

Maybe you need to dig in LARC and /LARC commands. Above commands with the classical L command should get you there. On Tuesday, September 12, 2023, Arsalaan Reyaz < arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in> wrote: > Dear XANSYS community, > > I am an undergraduate student in the final year of my program, and I am > currently working on a project that involves using ANSYS APDL. I need to > create a sinusoidal geometry within ANSYS APDL, but as a novice user of the > software, I am not aware of any built-in functions or features that > directly facilitate the generation of such a geometry. I am primarily > focused on achieving the required resolution for the sinusoidal wave while > minimizing the need to define an excessive number of key points. > > I would greatly appreciate any guidance, best practices, or recommended > techniques that could help me achieve this objective more efficiently. > > Thank you, > > Arsalaan Reyaz > Undergraduate student, N.I.T Srinagar, India > > -- > > > This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.**** > > The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity > intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, > copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or > forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is > strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in > error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and > permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any > copies of this message from your computer system. > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing > account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to > xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list > -- ===================================== Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering The Hashemite University P.O. Box 330127 Zarqa, 13133, Jordan Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 =====================================
A2
arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in
Tue, Sep 12, 2023 8:07 PM

Can you elaborate your suggestion a bit and explain how you would approach the problem. Are you hinting at creating multiple arcs to generate 1 sinusoidal wave?

Can you elaborate your suggestion a bit and explain how you would approach the problem. Are you hinting at creating multiple arcs to generate 1 sinusoidal wave?
MG
Mohammad Gharaibeh
Tue, Sep 12, 2023 10:06 PM

I would recommend you start with a half sine wave then extend.

This is just at the top of my head. The peak of this wave is modeled using
LARC and the “sides” using 2 L commands You might require two LARCs and 2
L’s for each side. This can be re-generated as many times as needed, I
believe, using LGEN.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!
Mohammad

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023, arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in wrote:

Can you elaborate your suggestion a bit and explain how you would approach
the problem. Are you hinting at creating multiple arcs to generate 1
sinusoidal wave?

If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing
account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day.

Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to
xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list

--

---====
Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Hashemite University
P.O. Box 330127
Zarqa, 13133, Jordan
Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771
Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348

---====

I would recommend you start with a half sine wave then extend. This is just at the top of my head. The peak of this wave is modeled using LARC and the “sides” using 2 L commands You might require two LARCs and 2 L’s for each side. This can be re-generated as many times as needed, I believe, using LGEN. I hope this helps. Good luck! Mohammad On Tuesday, September 12, 2023, <arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in> wrote: > Can you elaborate your suggestion a bit and explain how you would approach > the problem. Are you hinting at creating multiple arcs to generate 1 > sinusoidal wave? > _______________________________________________ > Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org > To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org > If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing > account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. > > Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to > xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list > -- ===================================== Mohammad A Gharaibeh, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Mechanical Engineering The Hashemite University P.O. Box 330127 Zarqa, 13133, Jordan Tel: +962 - 5 - 390 3333 Ext. 4771 Fax: +962 - 5 - 382 6348 =====================================
FA
Factoo, Anjum
Wed, Sep 13, 2023 11:00 AM

Hi Arsalaan,

Here is the snippet, may be this works for you. copy paste this in the command prompt. This is Half sine wave. You can play with the parameters. You can copy/reflect this to create full sine wave.

/CLEAR,NOSTART
/prep7
*do,i,0,90,1
afun,deg
y=sin(i)
k,i,i,y
100
*enddo

*do,i,1,89,1
l,i,i+1
*enddo
finish

This mail has been sent from an external source. Do not reply to it, or open any links/attachments unless you are sure of the sender's identity.

[...]

Hi Arsalaan, Here is the snippet, may be this works for you. copy paste this in the command prompt. This is Half sine wave. You can play with the parameters. You can copy/reflect this to create full sine wave. /CLEAR,NOSTART /prep7 *do,i,0,90,1 *afun,deg y=sin(i) k,i,i,y*100 *enddo *do,i,1,89,1 l,i,i+1 *enddo finish -----Original Message----- From: Arsalaan Reyaz <arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in> Sent: 12 September 2023 20:24 To: xansys-temp@list.xansys.org Subject: [Xansys] Creation of Sinusoidal Geometry in ANSYS APDL ******This mail has been sent from an external source. Do not reply to it, or open any links/attachments unless you are sure of the sender's identity.****** Dear XANSYS community, I am an undergraduate student in the final year of my program, and I am currently working on a project that involves using ANSYS APDL. I need to create a sinusoidal geometry within ANSYS APDL, but as a novice user of the software, I am not aware of any built-in functions or features that directly facilitate the generation of such a geometry. I am primarily focused on achieving the required resolution for the sinusoidal wave while minimizing the need to define an excessive number of key points. I would greatly appreciate any guidance, best practices, or recommended techniques that could help me achieve this objective more efficiently. Thank you, Arsalaan Reyaz Undergraduate student, N.I.T Srinagar, India -- This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.**** The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system. _______________________________________________ Xansys mailing list -- xansys-temp@list.xansys.org To unsubscribe send an email to xansys-temp-leave@list.xansys.org If you are receiving too many emails from XANSYS please consider changing account settings to Digest mode which will send a single email per day. Please send administrative requests such as deletion from XANSYS to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk and not to the list This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.
A2
arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in
Wed, Sep 13, 2023 1:21 PM

Thank you for the response. I appreciate your guidance. The method you suggested creates a number of key points then linearly connects them. I’m looking for an alternative to that strategy so that I can create a high resolution sine wave by not defining a large number of key points. So, in that regard can you provide any suggestion for implementing such model.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate your guidance. The method you suggested creates a number of key points then linearly connects them. I’m looking for an alternative to that strategy so that I can create a high resolution sine wave by not defining a large number of key points. So, in that regard can you provide any suggestion for implementing such model.
A2
arsalaan_2020bciv010@nitsri.ac.in
Wed, Sep 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Thank you for your response, sir. I’ll try implementing this strategy in ANSYS APDL. In the mean time, can you suggest a way through which I can create a sine wave similar to how a circle is created by using only 4 key points so that I can avoid any kink in the geometry.

Thank you for your response, sir. I’ll try implementing this strategy in ANSYS APDL. In the mean time, can you suggest a way through which I can create a sine wave similar to how a circle is created by using only 4 key points so that I can avoid any kink in the geometry.
FZ
felix.zabala@MeyerWerft.de
Wed, Sep 13, 2023 2:36 PM

Hi,

you could use the snippet by Anjum, but instead of defining lines between the keypoints, use the command bspline,all to create a single line.

Regards,

Félix Zabala Falcó
Meyer Werft GmbH
Papenburg (Germany)